Search results

1. Olde Delaware

Europeian Battlegroup 2024 Update

If you have been in Euro a long enough time you'll remember this thread from 2020 in which I made a Sample Battlegroup. Well, four years later and a lot of research and planning I am pleased to announce the New and Improved Europeian Battlegroup. I am hoping to do one a year and keep it updated...
  2. Olde Delaware

Diary

I know what you're thinking, well maybe not. I know this doesn't have a thing to do with the military but its my paper so meh. Unlike Leth's post in the square I keep going back to, this one will deal with my thoughts from everything I've been through the last few months. Everyone is free to...
  3. Olde Delaware

Military Times Editorial: Gleg stands alone, Kuramia the choice for third term as GA

Military Times Editorial: Gleg stands alone, Kuramia the choice for third term as GA June 22nd 2022 By Olde Delaware Hello dear readers. First let me say I am sorry that we did not produce an endorsement for the last President. I have always viewed the role of Speaker as being above politics...
  4. Olde Delaware

The Mental Cost of Observing a War

The Mental Cost of Observing a War April 4th 2022 By Olde Delaware I contemplated starting this article after appearing in the War in Europe show on EBC Radio. There is a great mental cost in observing war. I've been bearing that cost as much as I can but there are great limits on one's psyche...
  5. Olde Delaware

Military Times Editorial: CSP receives unanimous endorsement, No Consensus on GA

Military Times Editorial: CSP receives unanimous endorsement, No Consensus on GA February 2nd 2022 By Olde Delaware This is our third Presidential Election and we've grown a little bit on the board. From the original five Grand Admirals we now boast seven. As a part of this term's review...
  6. Olde Delaware

2021 Europeian of the Year Nomination

2021 Europeian of the Year Nomination: The Right Honorable Peeps Military Times Special Report Jan 12, 2022 "It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up. The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we...
  7. Olde Delaware

Military Times Editorial: Darcness receives Endorsement, Writinglegend to become Grand Admiral

Military Times Editorial: Darcness receives Endorsement, Writinglegend to become Grand Admiral November 24th 2021 By Olde Delaware As much as I hate to admit this to anyone, I don't do much readings of the Presidential Platforms. I've been in Europeia a long time and have gotten to know most of...
  8. Olde Delaware

Military Times Editorial: No Consensus on Endorsement, Vlaska expected to remain at post.

Military Times Editorial: No Consensus on Endorsement, Vlaska expected to remain at post. September 17th 2021 By Olde Delaware Since the announcement of the creation of the editorial board I must admit I've really enjoyed speaking with our region's past Grand Admirals and learning the unique...
  9. Olde Delaware

Announcing the Creation of the Editorial Board

Creation of the Military Times Editorial Board September 14th 2021 By Olde Delaware Disclaimer: The Military Times is a proud member of the Organization of Independent Media (OIM). As a member of the OIM, I have been proud to nominate Europieans for 'Europeian of the Year' and take part in...
  10. Olde Delaware

Memorial Day

Memorial Day May 31st 2021 By Olde Delaware As a long time citizen of Euro, there are things that just never change. A rousing, inspiring and witty speech from the Chancellery before an election, making fun of HEM for wearing Jorts, gratuitously bird jokes to Lloen and me writing about the...
  11. Olde Delaware

EB3

Announcement of EB3 Military Times Special Report May 11th 2021 By Olde Delaware In my time in Nationstates I've had the pleasure of meeting some amazing people and some downright despicable ones, but nothing could ever prepare me for the person that has meant the most to me. That person is...
  12. Olde Delaware

Europeian of the Year: Lloenflys

2020 Europeian of the Year Nomination: The Honorable Lloenflys Military Times Special Report Jan 22nd 2021 “In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle...
  13. Olde Delaware

Interview with the Venerable Sopo

Interview with the Venerable Sopo December 10th 2020 By Olde Delaware Editors Note: The editor wishes to thank Sopo for his quick response and eagerness to participate. Since the beginning of this project on October 18th 2018, out of 20 interview requests, only 5 were accepted and two sent...
  14. Olde Delaware

British Army 2020 Refine

British Army 2020 Refine November 9th 2020 By Olde Delaware Only 10 months later but I am finally tackling this article. For me it is long overdue but as far as the outside world goes, the once a decade decision by the British Army to reinvent itself has been raked over the coals. Specifically...
  15. Olde Delaware

"No greater thing could be said of any man" - MoH Recipient Riley Pitts

"No greater thing could be said of any man" - Medal of Honor Recipient Riley Pitts November 5th 2020 By Olde Delaware With the result of the American election still in limbo and the fact that over 65 million Americans took a look at the last four years and said "we want more of that", I...
  16. Olde Delaware

She will come

She will come September 22nd 2020 By Olde Delaware I must have heard that comment a dozen or so times at my mom's funeral. She will come. Everyone I knew seemed to want to stop by and pass on to me the story that after their loved one died they would have a dream where they visit and sit on...
  17. Olde Delaware

Sample Europeian Battlegroup

Based on a convo I walked in, Boatymcboatface and Kieranbannen jokes aside I always wondered how a real Europeian Navy would measure up. A region of Europeia's size would sport a navy on par with that of major NATO combatants such as the United States, United Kingdom or France. As the region is...
  18. Olde Delaware

Memories of 9/11

Memories of 9/11 September 10th 2020 By Olde Delaware I was 14 years old on the day the world changed forever, at least for me and kids my age. We went from being Generation Y kids or the Clinton era kids or the kids of the 90s to the 9/11 Generation. So many things changed at one time and...
  19. Olde Delaware

I am OD, AmA

Hey there Euro, I am OD, I like to fancy myself as an amateur expert on IRL Military Affairs. Got a question about Euro stuff? History in NS? Thoughts on how NS warfare has changed? Want an opinion on a world event? Wanna ask me something about military strategy and theory? Go ahead. I am at...
Back