Military Times Editorial: Darcness receives Endorsement, Writinglegend to become Grand Admiral

Olde Delaware

Honos Habet Onus
Deputy Minister
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him

Military Times Editorial: Darcness receives Endorsement, Writinglegend to become Grand Admiral
November 24th 2021
By Olde Delaware

As much as I hate to admit this to anyone, I don't do much readings of the Presidential Platforms. I've been in Europeia a long time and have gotten to know most of the people running either by direct contact or just observing them and how they get along with others. I try to vote with one eye toward their social skills and another toward their ideas and their hopes and dreams. I know how Darcness feels about people, he might come off as a curmudgeon but if it weren't for him and his tough love I wouldn't be here today. I know how hard Sky works, how friendly they are and dedicated to doing the best job possible. I love Monkey's enthusiasm and how hard he tries to learn new things and even if he doesn't know, he still tries. As Gaudosia goes, I appreciate their zeal and their desire to touch the stars with every platform they write.

It has been nearly three full years since Europeia last had a President that polled lower or was worse received than now former President Lime. While the debate over Frontier/Stronghold is and will dominate the next few election cycles there was one factor the editorial board had to weigh different from all the rest. An X factor known as "Lime Fatigue". Was SkyGreen24's platform and ERN plank enough to overcome the issues that slowed the ERN under the Lime Administration to a crawl until Grand Admiral and now Presidential Candidate the Venerable Darcness took over. Was there enough substance and nuance to separate him and Istillian from the rest of the pack?

Unfortunately, the answer is no.

"Sky's platform does not show a good understanding of the Navy. It kind of just promises what everyone promises, while failing to show any depth." One Grand Admiral told me earlier today with another concurring stating the bulk of the platforms, including SkyGreen24's to be "too boilerplate". All of the Grand Admirals polled expressed deep concern over Gaudosia's platform saying that "[the candidate]'s lack of knowledge is hurting more than helping, even with the assistance of the Venerable Pichtonia". Lastly, while the Right Honorable Monkey's ideas for the ERN were well received by a majority of the editorial team there was a clear desire for more substance with one member telling me this evening "Had Monkey elaborated more, he would have my endorsement full stop."

The only candidate to receive good marks across the board was in fact the Venerable Darcness, the current Grand Admiral.

"Darcness' ERN plank stood out to me because it went into some details. Although it's largely based on the policies he started to enact as Grand Admiral this term, it shows some promise. The system of tracking participation and awarding points over time reminds me of the Venerable OnderKelkia's tried and true military management style." one Grand Admiral stated.

"Darc[ness] definitely has the strongest grasp of current naval needs being the current Grand Admiral, and it comes across in his platform. Lays out what the Navy does, and how it should handle the upcoming term without any fluff." reported another in their remarks.

With that said, the Military Times Editorial Team has reached a decision by to endorse the Venerable Darcness in his campaign to be the next President of Europeia.

The Editorial Board also reached a conclusion by the slimmest of margins to predict the Venerable Senator Writinglegend to be the next Grand Admiral of Europeia. Of the board members polled, the Venerable Darcness came in a close second followed by the Right Honorable Istillian.

Many thanks from both myself and UPC for the endorsement of the Military Times. I look forward to the opportunity to usher the ERN into a new era of prosperity with the numerous opportunities the near future promises.

Back