Major Administrative Initiative

Admin accessible PM logs - This allows you to monitor the PM traffic between members on your board. Users are notified when sending a PM that their message is logged.

What does the second sentence mean? :p

Thanks very much to r3n for being willing to pay out of his pocket for this. I'm fine with moving to ZB if the Admins are sure.

Admin accessible PM logs - This allows you to monitor the PM traffic between members on your board. Users are notified when sending a PM that their message is logged.

What does the second sentence mean? :p
It means that it'd come up with a warning notice that your PM is going to be logged before it allows you to send the PM.

However, this is not of consequence for us, as both r3n and I (and I'm sure, the other admins) feel that PM logging would violate privacy and wouldn't be something that we would enable for ordinary cases.

To add to what Swak said, members are automatically notified when PM logging is enabled, whenever they are about to send a PM. So, everyone should be able to confirm that PM logging is disabled at any given time.

The conversion date is set tentatively for February 20th. A poll has been put up to quantifiably gauge the mood of the region.

I was skeptical because most of the zetaboard forums I've used have been ugly and hard to use. However, having poked around in the test forum I am convinced this is a good idea - it looks great.

R3n did a great job.

This was mentioned on the test forum and is still an issue: "When hovering over preferences, the menu goes behind the forum picture, so you can't actually see the drop down menu."

R3n has been on LOA the last few days, but I still plan on doing the upgrade as scheduled. Plan for me to initiate it around 11:00pm EST (ie about 13 hours from this post).

Back