Major Administrative Initiative

For this, you can use the "Active Topics" link, which in ZB is placed at the bottom of the forum, right above the area where you select forum theme/skin. It does the same as the utility provided by "My Assistant" in IF.
I will look for this on some of the other ZB bords that I am on. I don't remember seeing it previously and when I was an Admin, several years ago.

Just to reiterate, if people could go over and check out the Test Forum and then continue to report back with feedback/issues that they encounter, it'll make this transition smoother for everyone.

Thanks. :)

Some of the things I've broken. Obvious things though:

Profile pages the majority of the "maintitle" divClass is broken with the Euro' flag appearing in a few locations when on a profile

When windowed the advert stays the same size and goes the theme

Preferences text goes underneath the Europeia banner

Ugh, I hate it when bad things happen by long-term attrition of opinion. I'll be seeing the unveiling of an economy next -_-

The loss of email notifications will basically kill my contribution to the Volunteers. Receiving the PM immediately to my phone has been how I've maintained response time; without that it will drop substantially.

Ugh, I hate it when bad things happen by long-term attrition of opinion. I'll be seeing the unveiling of an economy next -_-
What you call long-term attrition of opinion, I call long-term resistance to change.

The admins have gone through the various threads that discussed the change. Here are those Swak found.

http://z6.****************/Europeia/index....opic=10048&st=0
http://z6.****************/Europeia/index....opic=15472&st=0
http://z6.****************/Europeia/index....opic=22515&st=0

The following points have been made against the upgrade, quoting Swak:

- No mass moving topics.
- Zetaboards is ugly.
- No mass PM.
- No email notifications.
- Change bad.

(It is also worth pointing out that Anumia has not formulated a single argument against the change in any of his many posts in these threads. He is just saying no :p .)

Going through the list:

- Mass moving of topics is certainly not true (not anymore anyway).
- Zetaboards being ugly has been addressed by converting our already existing skin; the two forums are now practically identical.
- No mass PM used to be an issue. Nowadays, there is a widely used external mod that provides this functionality.
- This is a valid issue.
- There is some validity to this argument, beyond just the conservativeness of Europeian members. Most of us, myself included, are more familiar with the IF interface. It will take some time getting used to the ZB interface, but it is just an issue of adjustment. I would say that for 85% of the user functionality, the interface is practically identical.

I understand the inconvenience that will be caused to many members by the loss of email notifications for PMs. However, I believe all the advantages that have been mentioned by the other admins earlier in the thread outweigh this single loss.

The loss of email notifications will basically kill my contribution to the Volunteers. Receiving the PM immediately to my phone has been how I've maintained response time; without that it will drop substantially.
With regards to the military in particular, the same functionality can be achieved using thread subscriptions, which support mail notifications. The GA can set up a thread to be used exclusively for posting orders to volunteers. Whenever a new post is made in that thread, volunteers will receive an email and will be made aware that there are orders they need to execute. I think that would be effectively identical to what is done now.

With regards to the military in particular, the same functionality can be achieved using thread subscriptions, which support mail notifications. The GA can set up a thread to be used exclusively for posting orders to volunteers. Whenever a new post is made in that thread, volunteers will receive an email and will be made aware that there are orders they need to execute. I think that would be effectively identical to what is done now.

That's a pretty awesome idea which [hopefully] we'll use when get around to moving

That's a pretty awesome idea which [hopefully] we'll use when get around to moving
I agree with this.

Query for r3n - what is the 'Mass PM' system that we would use in ZB then?

Swak, it is an add-on, similar to those we have installed on the forum right now for custom functionality.

The add-on provides two possibilities: 1) select all members in usergroup(s); 2) manually list recipients.

Number 2 is identical to what is being used in IF.

Number 1 has recently stopped functioning, due to a code change implemented in ZB. However, I have it on very good authority that a fixed version of the add-on with full functionality will be released by next week.

True that. ZB is scum.

However, I'm not the one spending my time managing the board, so obviously its not decision.

Back