Admin Task Thread

Notolecta said:
I think you guys are missing their point, you still have at least one private subforum, just use that for all your private matters, you don't need twenty of them. Also it doesn't really matter what the university officals think because forum structure is up to the admins, who have made a sensible and reasonable call; they don't need to ask your permission to do their job.
No, I think you are missing the point. It's not practical for me to undertake the creation of an elementary course in the private professors' offices, because I'm working with a number of people who are not professors themselves and hence should not have access to that particular sub-forum. In addition, our work in the Elementary Education Facility isn't meant to be viewable to all the professors. Due to this, two separate protected sub-forums are necessary.

What dem said. Same goes for meeting room: cabinet personnel, except for moc, should not havr access to professor forums.

PS; admins, how do I add people to the uni 'group'? And where do I find that group, lol?

I'm not caught up on joinable groups yet, so I couldn't answer that for you.

I don't want to get too mired in this argument but what can you possibly have in the private forums in the university that can't be seen by the President or other Ministers? You're talking about lesson plans and university ideas; this isn't some top-secret government subforum where we discuss serious security developments and risks. Please.

It could be included, but it's not practical. Or do you want to change the password to the Private Offices everytime the elections come around? Though I must agree my idea isnt the most practical either, yet it would matter less if ex-gov's still have access to this.. Is there another way to have a medium where I can communicate with (multiple) governmental officials privately? I believe it's important to have such a channel.. So i'm open to suggestions.

How often do you think we change passwords to low-security private forums? :p

I don't follow that logic.

I am not persuaded about the need for two separate levels of access (either in the form of two passworded forums with different passwords, or in the form of two different joinable groups). The only two areas that have multiple security groups to them are the ERN and our Foreign Affairs office, in the latter case because of the existence of the EAAC. The stuff you are discussing is hardly sensitive and in need of such fine access control.

You say that those involved in the design of courses should not have access to the Professors' board, and vice versa. Why? We create private forums if there are security reasons for limiting access, or if there is a distinctly separate group of people that need to coordinate their actions on some area. None of these two conditions is satisfied in this case. There is only one group of people, University staff, that need to work on University matters and can do so from the already existing private forum.

I am not undoing any of my changes. I am the junior admin in the current team, so you can ask any other admin to overrule me and undo them.

And since I'm not convinced either, I won't be overruling R3n.

R3n said:
I am not persuaded about the need for two separate levels of access (either in the form of two passworded forums with different passwords, or in the form of two different joinable groups).
I don't mind it not being in a different 'security group', but it needs a separate subforum. Would the problem be solved for you if you made UB and research facility part of the same joinable group? It would be good for me, as long as they have separate places..

Edit: so I clearly don't agree with the following you said:
R3n said:
can do so from the already existing private forum.
For me this wasnt about internal "security risks" - the uni personnel is smart enoughto follow the rules we make. It's about giving clearly disting groups within "university staff" (professors and researchers) a different spot to work. Otherwise you might as well let Senate and CA work in the same forum. It's entirely different discussions, but hey, it's both legislative body.

If it's possible, i'd still like to have the research facility reinstated, but then perhaps added into the same joinable group as any other uni personnel.

As I would like this solved as quickly as possible, and R3n said it's okay, I would appreciate if any senior administrator answered to this as soon as possible.

I agree with Huxwells. At least reinstate the Research Facility and add it to the same joinable group as the private professors' forum.

I would like to ask a few things.

The staff of the university agreed upon a banner change. Could we have the new one added into the image repository as the new logo?

Could a new subforum be added into the University's "Advanced Courses Auditorium" tittled "Society and Ethics in Europeia and NationStates", and subtitled "For a greater understanding of the game?" Matthew Vinage will be incharge of this course so could he also be given moderating rights over it?

Thank you for reading,

Artimis
Deputy-dean of the University.

Done, Artimis.

Please mask the following as Assistant Ministers:

kipple
Eddy Vinage
MrTibbs
Thalasium
Pope Lexus X
Nacek (although for some reason he seems to have lost Citizenship in the last week)
Alderweild

Thanks. :) *leaves a plate of chocolate chip-peanut butter cookies*

Back