Admin Task Thread

Huxwells said:
Was the forum invisibility a general problem or just for Leo? If it's the first i'll have to re-advertise it :p
Whoever made the forum didn't provide the correct maskings; all the other subforums in the University were masked to allow non-voting members to read, reply, etc. Yours was not.

Done, Matt.

Fixed.

Also fixed Swak and Anumia's masks.

Other admins, please remember not to explicitly give masks in the "Group" category to members. Those are managed using the joinable groups.

r3naissanc3r said:
Fixed.

Also fixed Swak and Anumia's masks.

Other admins, please remember not to explicitly give masks in the "Group" category to members. Those are managed using the joinable groups.
Read: me. :baghead:

Sorry, that was me. I moved it for you.

I've been appointed as the new Dean by our current MoC, so might I ask for the moderating rights that come along with this? This topic proves such an appointment: http://s6.zetaboards.com/Europeia/topic/8875862/1/#new

As for actually moderating the uni forms: do i have full rights to move forums around and such? Otherwise I'd like to ask the admins to move some forums to the archives and, if I can't, create some others I need.

Thanks!

In addition to my last message, I'd like to ask for some admin changes. They're quite extensive, so I'll be very grateful to whoever creates this the soonest! :) Following subforums have to be created and/or edited in the University of Europeia:

The Dean's office
-Change subtitle: ‘Where citizens can apply as students or professors, or address any University-related problems.’
-Add subdirectory: ‘Deans Meeting Room’, subtitle: ‘Where the Dean meets with the president, Minister of Integration and Minister of Culture.’
-Generate a password for ‘Deans Meeting Room’ and PM it to me please
-Move and pin thread ‘TSM Bulletin Board’ here (current directory: ‘The Shaw Courses’) and rename to ‘Bulletin Board’

Private Offices - Professors
-Add subdirectory: ‘University Board’, subtitle: ‘Where professors discuss changes to the University or other requests.’
-Move all of the threads currently in the Private Offices to ‘University Board’
-Exceptions to said moving: ‘The Shaw Movement Principles’ (stays where it is) and ‘WA 101’ (which has to be archived)
-Generate a new password for ‘Private Offices’ and PM it to me please

Elementary Education Faculty
- Add subtitle: 'Where education for all new citizens is given.'
-Add subdirectory: ‘Research Facility’, subtitle: ‘Where members of the University Research Team can research and work on manuals.’
-Generate a password for ‘Research Facility’ and PM it to me please
-Move following subforums to this subforum:
oNationstates 101, rename title: ‘Nationstate 101 (Extended course)’
oWA 101, rename title: ‘World Assembly 101 (Extended course)’
oMilitary Gameplay for Beginners, rename title: ‘Military Gameplay for Beginners (Extended course)’
oAmbassadorial Duties for Beginners, rename title: ‘Ambassadorial Duties for Beginners (Extended course)’

Advanced Courses Auditorium
-Simply rename ‘The Shaw Courses’ tot this
- Add subtitle: 'Where courses on broad political subjects are given.'
-Add subdirectory: ‘On the Good and Right’, subtitle ‘Ethics, society, and their political importance.’
-Move thread ‘On the Good and Right’ (current directory: ‘The Shaw Courses’) to subdirectory ‘On the Good and Right’
- Give moderating rights to Castor for 'On the Good and Right'
-Add subdirectory: ‘(Political) Philosophy according to Fluids’
-Move thread ‘Thales of Milete […]’ (current directory: ‘The Shaw Courses’) to subdirectory ‘(Political) Philosophy according to Fluids’
- Give moderating rights to Nacek for '(Political) Philosophy according to Fluids'
-Add subdirectory: ‘History for Dummies’, subtitle ‘The past as a manual for the future.’
-Move thread ‘Introduction […]’ (current directory: ‘The Shaw Courses’) to subdirectory ‘History for Dummies’
- Give moderating rights to me for 'History for Dummies'
-Add subdirectory: ‘On the Pulse of Morning’, subtitle ‘Political Literature for the Soul.’
-Move thread ‘Political Poetry for Beginners’ (current directory: ‘The Shaw Courses’) to subdirectory ‘On the Pulse of Morning’
- Give moderating rights to Artimis for 'On the Pulse of Morning')
-Move ‘Kaiser’s Class 101’ to this subforum
- Make sure Kaiser keeps his moderating rights to this subforum.

University Archives
-Move subforum ‘Domestic Service Studies’ to the archives
-Move (or delete, it doesn’t work) ‘Want to Study Law?’ to the archives
-move all the current loose threads in the ‘University of Europeia’ forum to the archives

If I can make some of these changes myself with my moderating powers as a Dean, feel free to leave them up to me! I’d appreciate guidelines on which changes I’d still have to do myself tho! :p

I started this but wasn't able to finish any of it. It turns out I had to rush out of the house. I'll finish it later (or another admin will for me).

All done. I didn't do any of the thread moves, pins, etc. because you can do that yourself.

Also, on the note about thread archiving - we never delete forums, threads, etc. Just don't.

And this is the most important. When you move any loose threads to the archives, move them to the University Archives (they aren't too hard to find), and make sure that you do NOT leave a redirect thread. It's just ugly.

All comments noted and again: thank you!

Few questions:
- pass to professor rooms has been changed, but is it possible that those with old passes can still see it? artimis told me he could.
Edit: aah I see what the problem is; the university board didn't need a pass, it was the private offices that needed a new one. Can you resolve this please? :)
- once i have put up new threads in the dean's office, where could i archive old threads to?
- is it possible that the link to the archives isnt working?
- Edit: and finally I have to ask if you can remove the link to Castor's class in 'on the pulse of morning' that I accidentally created? I feel like such a troll..

Could a subforum of the Octagon called, "Mess Hall", please be created?

Description: "For Sailors of the ERN to relax and chat between missions, roleplay as desired, and encourage bonds of camaraderie between all members."

All naval masks to have access; Mod to Grand Admiral of course, etc.

Thank you :)

Its times like these that I'm glad I just locked myself out of the Admin CP. *snaps whip* Mush, other admins! MUSH!

Huxwells said:
All comments noted and again: thank you!

Few questions:
- pass to professor rooms has been changed, but is it possible that those with old passes can still see it? artimis told me he could.
Edit: aah I see what the problem is; the university board didn't need a pass, it was the private offices that needed a new one. Can you resolve this please? :)
- once i have put up new threads in the dean's office, where could i archive old threads to?
- is it possible that the link to the archives isnt working?
- Edit: and finally I have to ask if you can remove the link to Castor's class in 'on the pulse of morning' that I accidentally created? I feel like such a troll..
I reset access and removed the password from the Uni board. I also gave you the (partial) Archives override masking so you should be able to see the Archives now (though I'm not sure why you'd need to unless you wanted to verify that any threads you moved were actually moved).

Old threads can be put in the archives. Inside the Archives --> University Archives --> The Dean's Office (there's one in the archives too)

And I removed the link.

Done, Anumia.

Back