Admin Task Thread

I pmed you the password. Also fixed your mask.

Please be careful when archiving threads, it is easy to accidentally put them in the wrong forum.

I'll be careful, thank you! We've come to some conclusions:

ARTIMIS is now permanent DEPUTY DEAN
- He should be able to moderate the 'office of the dean' and all of it's threads
- He should be able to moderate the 'Private offices' and all of it's threads and subforums

DEMATARIA is now the ELEMENTARY EDUCATION SUPERVISOR
- He should be able to moderate the 'Elementary Education Facility' and all of it's threads and subforums

+ Kaiser's course "Kaiser's Class 101" has to be renamed to 'The Good, The Bad and The Revolting', subtitle: 'This unorthodox course offers to teach you what it realy means to be insane.' Ofcourse Kaiser has to keep his admin rights to this subforum

Huxwells said:
Could you please also send me the actual password to the Private Offices? :p Could use that rather soon actually...

Nonetheless, thanks for the help!
Fairly sure I did... flail.gif

And done, Hux.

It would appear that members without the password are able to access the Private Offices sub-forum in the uni. Could an admin please look into this?

Thank you.

EDIT: Cerian informs me that the University Board is viewable because it isn't password-protected, despite being located within a password-protected sub-forum. Could someone please give the University Board a password and send it to Artimis and me?

I created a separate joinable group, that gives access to the private University forums and is administered by the Dean. He can add and remove people from there as he wishes. So all further requests should go to him.

I know that we have already implemented the changes Huxwells asked for, but I am going to overrule some of them. There is generally little need for third-level sub-forums. I have already gone ahead and removed the Dean's Meeting Room and the Research Facility. I would also like to see a justification for having a separate University Board forum inside the Private Offices - Professors forum. If no adequate justification is provided, I will close down that subforum as well.

And R3n puts down his fin.

Can you perhaps give artimis those rights to managing the group as well, seeing i'm away and he's deputy?

Dean's meeting room: for when the president, ministers or multiple wish to adress specific classified issues. What's wrong with this?

Research facility: where researh team debates manuals etc. Eventual manuals will be postes in the EEF. Why delete the research team?

UB is a separate discussion forum for official meeting matters, concerning e.g. Course proposals, only by professors, dean, MoC and EES. PO is for general discussions on any matter by professors and any uni personnel.

Edit: i would generally like it if:
- You would read my reform proposal beforehand, because then you'd understand the need for eg the research facility
- Changes were given time to see whether they're needed
- concerns with changes that you deem unnecessary would be discussed with the dean before deleting them
- Such situations were tobe postphoned until after my LoA and I don't have to be on my smartphone for this kind of crisis management.

Edit edit: not even addressing the issue of the research team's privacy just having been killed enterily, as now about anyone can view and post there now.

I can't speak for R3n, but I'm suspecting his thinking is something along these lines, Hux:

Why should the government set up a $20,000 contract with a hardware company to replace nails and toilet seats once every few months when they can send a handyman down the street to the hardware store for 15 dollars and 15 minutes of time?

Bureaucracy, Hux - your proposal is awash in it.

Yes, there's bureaucracy in this system, but nothing that isnt needed. Before implementing my original proposal, we extensively discussed this in the private offices with all professors. Unnecessary bureaucracy was removed and thus birth was given to the second reform draft (which I suspect neither of you read properly).

I find it quite amazing that I put so much effort in trying to convince the public and now have to "fight" for my rights, as I àm the dean, with the admins as well. It's okay if you don't agree with my system and i'm always prepared to discuss this (yet again, preferably after 12Aug). It's quite another thing if you just go removing and deleting parts of the uni because you don't think it's feasable. Especially when you don't grasp the need for a eg research facility, of which the members are now quite upset that their work is out on the street for anyone to see. It's not much yet, but as a principle this has been dealt with so wrong. I'm amazed by how this is going.

And your analogy doesn't add up; I get payed Jack and do this for free, because I like europeia. All i do seem to get in return is criticism and negative feedback, even though the eg advanced courses are actually looking nice and I haven't even been reforming it for more than 5 days. To your analogy: i'm your friendly, and not retarded, nephew that's willing to do pretty much anything for free. Don't forget that, please..
Edit: your analogy would be more correct if you said you wouldnt give your nephew a hightech machine for repairs if you think he can do it with a hamer. Yet, you don't know anything about how i have to fix this and there's no one else willing to do this. So why not give me the high tech machinery? Unless you want to kill the uni altogether, which I find hard to believe as I am grateful for your try on reshuffling the general forumboard.

Edit: PS, I hope this makes clear that i'd like all of the forums mentioned above reinstated and further possible discussions on what's needed and what's not postponed until after Aug 12th. Yes, i appointed artimis as deputy dean, but I got involved in this discussion because I find this situation just unbelievable.

And to quote Dem, who's inet sucks to hard right now to respond himself:
Dem said:
On one hand I see their point of view. I myself had thought that it had gotten a bit too complicated; however, now my work in the Research Facility has been dumped in the main uni forum and is open for everyone to criticise. I'm not happy at all with the way they've handled this.

If necessary, here's some extended explaining of the dean's meeting room; the uni is about to at least work together with the moi. Where do we discuss things with moc, moi, etc if it can't be discrete and centralised?

Obviously it's regrettable that the research was dumped into a place open to the public, but anything that would be done in third-level subforums can easily be done elsewhere. For example, why do you need a separate private forum for meetings with the President and any Minister(s)? There are so many other places that already exist where you can easily have these meetings.

And done, Matt.

I understand how you dislike third level forums, but, again, I wish to stress how we cut out truely unnecessary third level forums. Eg, the 'research team coffee chamber' for general chat was cut out of the idea and instead ALL personnel can chat in the 'private offices' (thus the difference with UB).

I don't think I need to re-explain the need for the research team (cause i've got no idea where you'd want to place that), and for the meeting room; where? I think it's messy if I need to have a thread with the president, MoI, MoC, etc seperatly. Yes sadly that involves a third level forum, but I don't see any better ideas. Also, all three of these forums are meant for private use only and the public has nothing to do with them. So 90% of europeians wouldnt even worry about it after clicking it once and seeing it doesn't open.

It's not even about why this or that is unnecessary for me, it's about how this has been dealt with. I think it's simple courtesy to first talk me about it and then give a heads upon a posible removal. Right now it was at the will of r3n and I, nor any uni personnel, couldn't say anything about it.

My demands still stand and I'd like to see them resolved as soon as possible, with all due respect.

As Hux said, I echo his concerns regarding the hasty decision to take down a number of necessary (sub-)sub-forums. I understand that it was a little messy and perhaps a bit excessive, but removing them without any discussion surely wasn't the right move. Could you at least reinstate the Research Facility? I have no problem with the removal of the sub-sub-sub-forums within the Research Facility, however :p .

Also, we need to remember that on the whole, the admins in this region are first-class and without their work this place would be falling to bits. I think sometimes that needs to be pointed out because their services are often taken for granted.

Dem, I should have explained the "subsubforums" to you too; they were placed there accidentally by lethen (cause i wanted them in the 'EE' general forum so people would have some guides already), but I thought research facility was good too: I thought researchers could use them as examples and ideas. In the archives, they'd be lost because you can't check those, which would be a shame.

And I've always been thankful and showed my gratefulness for the work the admins have done for europeia and me, for that matter. I mean this, really. You, the admins, have to understand my "anger" from my point too though.. I am fighting for a better uni 24/7, deleting forums without discussion is just.. Too much.

I think you guys are missing their point, you still have at least one private subforum, just use that for all your private matters, you don't need twenty of them. Also it doesn't really matter what the university officals think because forum structure is up to the admins, who have made a sensible and reasonable call; they don't need to ask your permission to do their job.

Back