Wider forum

r3n - is it possible to get it to work almost like this:

http://what-if.xkcd.com/

Where the margins -and- the forums can shrink to make it look pretty at any width?
Swak, it's already coded to work like that. I checked it and it works in Firefox and IE, though I haven't checked Safari.

Elias said:
Do not like. Especially since it doesn't work in some forums but does in others.
Elias, not sure what you mean. What forums does it not work in?!

Elias said:
Do not like. Especially since it doesn't work in some forums but does in others.
Elias, not sure what you mean. What forums does it not work in?!
It seems to have rectified itself now...I had instances of the ERN Headquarters, Tomlinson, and DoAA being left-aligned but with the same width. Looks like it's working in all forums now...but I still don't like it.

Given the split in opinions, we may have to do a poll.

However, regardless of the poll, I think am going to leave the proportional resizing. I will just reduce the ratio to be similar to the original (i.e. 760 px on a 1024 px-wide monitor). That means that most people will be seeing about the same-size forum, but those with huge monitors will see a much wider one.

I'm not a fan.

This is terrible on IF. It works sufficiently on ZB but I believe that the charm is lost once you try to transfer the effect to IF.

OK, I have added a poll to this thread. I'll leave it open till Friday night. Depending on the result, I'll adjust the forum skin accordingly.

Keep in mind that we're already halfway between the original narrow size, and the widest I was using until yesterday.

Back