Wider forum

I...hate....it
Shocking what a day can do to some:

Alexander said:
I like this better

:p

At first I was pretty shocked and unsure but it's growing on me. Obviously there are areas which will need the CSS checked over such as the top image, fast reply box, smilie box. However R3n isn't about to change it all to work in 'wider mode' for it to not be popular and he'd have to change it back - be an hour or so's work wasted.

So, anyway, I quite like like Beta Wider-Forum mode and hope we can further develop it in the future.

I don't know what you did differently to tweak things between the original implementation of this and now, but I like it (if you even tweaked anything - maybe its just growing on me).

I can't really know, given that I've made several changes.

Like you said though, it may have just grown on you. This certainly happened to me.

Do others think the Fast Reply box is too wide? Hy and Anumia appear to like it; that may have been what Vinage was referring to earlier.

------

There is one issue actually that I do not think can be fixed, the google/invisionfree ads. Those are designed for the original, narrow width of the forum. There are some fields in the CSS of the forum controlling their appearance, but due to the IF warning against messing with the ads, I have refrained from touching those.

There is one issue actually that I do not think can be fixed, the google/invisionfree ads. Those are designed for the original, narrow width of the forum. There are some fields in the CSS of the forum controlling their appearance, but due to the IF warning against messing with the ads, I have refrained from touching those.
What ads?

:troll:

The buttons sometimes seem to sit in funny positions right now, but I figure that's just a teething issue.

I...hate....it
Shocking what a day can do to some:

Alexander said:
I like this better

:p

At first I was pretty shocked and unsure but it's growing on me. Obviously there are areas which will need the CSS checked over such as the top image, fast reply box, smilie box. However R3n isn't about to change it all to work in 'wider mode' for it to not be popular and he'd have to change it back - be an hour or so's work wasted.

So, anyway, I quite like like Beta Wider-Forum mode and hope we can further develop it in the future.
Dear Vinage,

Please read better, lol. I posted that before any changes were made, but to clarify, I like the original better.

Love,

Your Nephew, Alex

Could you provide a screenshot please? I haven't encountered any such issue.
I haven't encountered the issue now, but I encountered it a few days ago when these changes were first made. It went away.

Back