Wider forum

I will resign and go on a shooting rampage

[hide=No offense]
To any victims of a shooting massacre[/hide]

There is another possibility. The forum "boxes" do not need to be as wide as the forum itself. I have changed them to be 95% of the forum width. I think this makes the wider forum look less... empty and therefore more appealing.

There are some issues, namely some of the elements of the forum cannot be resized or be moved to be aligned with the forum boxes. These include the google ads, the copyright box at the bottom, the double boxes you see when you click, for example, my controls. Also, the various floating objects on the forum, like the navigation strip, the "Welcome back" notice, and the "New Topic" etc. buttons. I think the second category actually does not look bad, but the first, and especially the ads, is a little annoying.

Let me know what you think.

I like it now. *throws his weight behind R3n's decision*

The only reason people are objecting is they are used to the previous width.

Soon they'll become used to the new width.

yay... yet another change which progressively makes these forums less nice imo.

*measures width of Balder forums which you are Root of = 31cm
*measures width of Europeia forums = 25cm

Hmm... bigger is better eh Rach? :ph43r:

The only reason people are objecting is they are used to the previous width.

Soon they'll become used to the new width.

yay... yet another change which progressively makes these forums less nice imo.

*measures width of Balder forums which you are Root of = 31cm
*measures width of Europeia forums = 25cm

Hmm... bigger is better eh Rach? :ph43r:

If we're going to be democratic (which we really haven't been up till now on this subject) we should prefer the vote for the narrow theme.

I also, for the third time, raise the question -- why can't we have both themes and let people choose?

If we're going to be democratic (which we really haven't been up till now on this subject) we should prefer the vote for the narrow theme.

I also, for the third time, raise the question -- why can't we have both themes and let people choose?
Just think if you more concerned for the Senate like you are with a narrow forum. Euro would be the greatest region ever. :p

How have we not been democratic? I set it up experimentally so that people could see what it looked like, then opened a poll and the vote came up in favor of the wider skin.

Also, on every single change I've made to the skin, or in fact the forum in general, I have been not just asking, but pressing for feedback. In all cases so far the majority opinion has been obvious from people's responses, so there was no need for a poll.

Because, even though it's a good idea, right now I do not have the time to implement this feature. You will need to wait until after January 18th.

Well, since it's now 14-12 narrow in favor, I suggest you keep the narrow and implement the choice when you can (which takes literally 30 seconds on ZB to do [insert snarky Lethen response about ZB] :p, although IF and ZB are a bit different).

Unlike ZB, IF does not have built-in support for theme selection. So, it is something I would need to implement myself (which, though not too hard, would still consume more time than I can afford right now).

As for the poll, at the designated closing time, wide was winning. Nothing tells me that there won't be three new votes overnight to change the result again, so for now I am sticking to the "official" result. If the trend of new votes in favor or narrow continues, or the poll stabilizes, I will revert it.

Ignoring this particular topic of interest, since when have we as Admins claimed to make decisions democratically? flail.gif

Back