Wider forum

r3naissanc3r

Honoured Citizen
Citizen
StG brought this up in the Republic Square, and it's been mentioned a few times in the past too.

Would people prefer a wider forum? Right now, the width of the forum is set to 760px, and the remaining is the dark blue background. However, with the new CSS-exclusive skin we have, there is (almost) nothing restricting us to this size. We could have a wider forum if you want.

In fact, we can also have one that adjusts to the screen size it is being viewed under (for instance, gets shorter when viewing from a mobile phone).

The only element of our skin that is not resizeable is the banner. However, this could be ameliorated in a number of ways (say, using a large version of the right part of the standard banner as a background image, and making the stripes+star and the font be CSS elements.

I'm used to this, but I honestly don't care either way.

I'm running a Full HD monitor, so about 50% of the screen is the blue background for me. SetForumtoWide=1 :p

I think it could perhaps be a tiny bit wider, but I don't mind it as it is. I certainly don't want it to stretch the whole screen, and this size is ideal for using the forums in a half-screen way.

I wouldn't mind wider if in particular it could shrink again if the window shrinks, e.g. if it goes back to less wide when I'm in half-screen? Is that possible?

That monitor is a beast! o_O

Looks fine for moi but I'm on a craptop. Perhaps there could be a new 'theme' that people can select at the bottom of the forum which is a wider version?

OK, I experimentally increased it to 1024 px (from 760 px it was). I'll leave it like that for a couple of days, and then we can get back to it.

Sometimes, it doesn't flow at all. Like when you go into reply mode because their is so much excess white on the sides.

I actually really like it. With a wide screen monitor, I can actually see things on the forum without squinting.

Back