ENN Gossip Blog

Sopo on fast track to Power

A special source that requested not to be named by title or name has started that Sopo was returned to Europeia with a promise for power.

"One of the campaigns are offering to give him a Cabinet-level post," the source says, "This is partly why he returned to the region."

Sopo is known for having regional absences and then returning to hold a high office. Opinion of his record is mixed, but apparently at least one Presidential candidate sees it as a positive.

Uh...your grammar is terrible.

PhDre to Prosecute Anumia

Word has spread from the capital that the Attorney General -- PhDre -- intends to prosecute Anumia on over seven charges not filled over the course of the last three years. Since attaining office, AG PhDre has made it his mission to catch up on all criminal acts not reported in the last few years.

Anumia of course, was the first one on the list.

"A little grudge still exists I think," David D. Daviddavidson says, "I think PhDre is ready to finally hold Anumia accountable, and I think everyone supports PhDre in this. Laws are laws, and should apply to everyone. As a matter of fact, they should apply even more stringently to Anumia than most people."

However, some Anumian allies are concerned about this level of intense prosecution, and plan to mount a strong defense for the former President, Chief Justice, Senator, Senate Speaker, Vice President, City Council member, and dictator Anumia.

"What ever happened to civil rights?" One Anumia supported croaked out before being stabbed in the neck by one of PhDre's goons.

What is happening? What will happen? What has happened?

Only time has told, will tell and tells.

This report is not yet confirmed .

Perhaps there is a piece of legislation known and “Statute of Limitations” which needs to be introduced in order to prevent people from being prosecuted after a long period of time has elapsed.

This would increase the vigilance of the justice department to ensure they watch for, catch and prosecute criminal activity quickly before it gets passed over and becomes considered acceptable behavior for others to emulate. -_-

David D. Daviddavidson says, "I think PhDre is ready to finally hold Anumia accountable, and I think everyone supports PhDre in this. Laws are laws, and should apply to everyone. As a matter of fact, they should apply even more stringently to Anumia than most people."

:clap:

Perhaps there is a piece of legislation known and “Statute of Limitations” which needs to be introduced in order to prevent people from being prosecuted after a long period of time has elapsed.

This would increase the vigilance of the justice department to ensure they watch for, catch and prosecute criminal activity quickly before it gets passed over and becomes considered acceptable behavior for others to emulate. 

Chuck, most crimes do in fact have a Statue of Limitation, and charges expire once this limitation has been reached. Only crimes categorized as 'High Crimes' do not have a statue of limitation. Whether the Attorney General's office is in fact assembling a file with the intent to prosecute the Rt. Hon Anumia, and indeed other Europeians, for potential criminal acts that have been ignored over the years, remains to be seen.

David D. Daviddavidson says, "I think PhDre is ready to finally hold Anumia accountable, and I think everyone supports PhDre in this. Laws are laws, and should apply to everyone. As a matter of fact, they should apply even more stringently to Anumia than most people."

I'd call that rumor confirmed!

Chuck, most crimes do in fact have a Statue of Limitation, and charges expire once this limitation has been reached. Only crimes categorized as 'High Crimes' do not have a statue of limitation. Whether the Attorney General's office is in fact assembling a file with the intent to prosecute the Rt. Hon Anumia, and indeed other Europeians, for potential criminal acts that have been ignored over the years, remains to be seen.
I think you that find that the -Statue- of Limitations protects *Anumia from ever being prosecuted. We statues stick together.

Further, being an Honoured Citizen, my title (without suffixes) is "the Venerable *Anumia ". :gentleman:

"Besides, doll, ain't no jury in this town that will ever convict me; you can't find ten men and true around here that don't have my name on their birth certificate."

This would increase the vigilance of the justice department to ensure they watch for, catch and prosecute criminal activity quickly before it gets passed over and becomes considered acceptable behavior for others to emulate. 

Chuck does have a point about the use of "discovered", it is the discovery date of the crime or the commission date of crime that we're most interested in? Is there any way to reliably test "discovery dates"?

Sorry, I've been monumentally busy the last few days, but I remembered this post and wanted to return to it.

As I read the Criminal Code, there's nothing to suggest that the date of discovery is in any way related to the "commission date of crime." As it currently reads, once the crime is "discovered," there is a window of time where prosecution is valid. This does not follow the American system of 'statue of limitations' which as I understand it, is applied from the commission date of the crime. Just as worrisome, there is not any clarification as to what qualifies as "discovery" - is a crime "discovered" only when the AG is aware that the act occured? Does knowledge of any member of the Administration suffice as 'discovery?' That's not clear to me when I examine the Criminal Code. Do you have any thoughts on the matter?

Matt Vinage's amendment may as well include a definition of Discovery.

I'd think that the best definiton would be discovery by the AG.

Back