The Fall of Ainur?

At just barely a year old, the Region of Ainur, has been declared CLOSED by it's Founder Apollo, who is also a current Citizen and former ranking member of Europeia. In a message sent to the entire Region just five hours ago, Apollo declared the Region closed and suggested everyone move their Nations to Asgard.

TheRoman is my nation located there. To anyone who has spent any time on Ainur's forums in the last month or so, this would come as no surprise. Apollo's activity has been next to nonexistent with only a few posts numbering less than 20. It is not yet clear whether this will be Ainur's final hour or the setup for an elaborate rebuild but it appears that at least one person has taken this to heart and left the Region for Asgard. That would be Ainur's WA Delegate leaving the Region unrepresented.

Many older members of the Region are resisting vehemently to Apollo's statement that the Region is dead. Apollo was on briefly to ask in the Senate who should be given Root Admin on the forum. He also stated that if no names appeared within 48 hours then the boards would go offline. It appears that this particular crisis was averted and some form of Admin access was granted to a couple of select individuals but the situation is far from decided. So far, Apollo has seemed unwilling to hand access to the Founder Nation over to anyone so will the Forum be safe while Ainur becomes just another Founderless Region?

More information to come as it develops. We here at the EBC wish Ainur the best of luck in the coming hours.

Cerian Quilor said:
Its started with an Apollo Hissy fit?
I'm not motivated enough to find the thread(s), but I'm pretty sure he got angry about something going on in Europeia and started Ainur while still here.

I knew he was still here when he started it. I started Kantrias when I was still here. Wasn't after a hissy fit. :p

Well first he lost his Presidential race while he was running with Lethen. Then he became MoI under Sopo. Then he resigned or something from that. Then he created Ainur.

Drexlore Greyjoy said:
Well first he lost his Presidential race while he was running with Lethen. Then he became MoI under Sopo. Then he resigned or something from that. Then he created Ainur.
Aye. it was a hissy fit.

The Founder account for Ainur has been handed over to Augustus Anumia(Telcontar) and the password changed so Ainur has been stabilized. All business is still being conducted on the New Ainur forums until the Root Admin is obtained for the old Ainur forums.

Guys...

Ainur isn't dead and is far from it. Saying that Ainur dying from Apollo's hissyfit is fitting is disrespectful to every person triyng to save Ainur right now and to every person that was in Ainur. It's saying they don't matter. That Ainur is just a reflection of Apollo. Which it obviously isn't.

I can confirm as part of Ainur's government that if we can't get root admin for our original forums we'll continue on the New Ainur forums.

At the time, Ainur the region itself was dead. The Ainurian community had relocated to New Ainur and new forums.

Emrys Mercer said:
Guys...

Ainur isn't dead and is far from it. Saying that Ainur dying from Apollo's hissyfit is fitting is disrespectful to every person triyng to save Ainur right now and to every person that was in Ainur. It's saying they don't matter. That Ainur is just a reflection of Apollo. Which it obviously isn't.

I can confirm as part of Ainur's government that if we can't get root admin for our original forums we'll continue on the New Ainur forums.
Yeah man, chill. I know I'm awesome, but I can't be expected to know every development. :p

Apollo said:
I was always fond of Todd McCloud's "The Necessity of Chaos," albeit it was centered on feeders. :p
If anything, Ainur will probably thrive if only to spite you.

Apollo said:
Seven Deaths said:
Apollo said:
I was always fond of Todd McCloud's "The Necessity of Chaos," albeit it was centered on feeders. :p
If anything, Ainur will probably thrive if only to spite you.
Don't think you understand what I said at all.
Considering that I don't think you said anything at all, would you then enlighten me?

Drexlore Greyjoy said:
That was part of it, he also wanted a region where he could be the end all be all and no one would be better than him( I have msn logs of this still saved I think). It was part hissy fit over the election and part ego trip.

Notolecta said:
Drexlore Greyjoy said:
That was part of it, he also wanted a region where he could be the end all be all and no one would be better than him( I have msn logs of this still saved I think). It was part hissy fit over the election and part ego trip.
Haha if I thought that that would actually be an effective idea I dont think I would have given up all the power I had in my own region in order to make. it a republic mate. Kind of sad this is all so important that you 'kept logs' get a life, because its actually much more satifisfying then trying to get one over on someone on a silly internet game.

Apollo said:
Notolecta said:
Drexlore Greyjoy said:
Haha if I thought that that would actually be an effective idea I dont think I would have given up all the power I had in my own region in order to make. it a republic mate. Kind of sad this is all so important that you 'kept logs' get a life, because its actually much more satifisfying then trying to get one over on someone on a silly internet game.
What was the point in ignoring your region, telling us you were closing us and directing us all to another region without asking a single person's opinion, throwing us to the wolves and giving the WA Delegate executive powers when he had just moved to Asgard and two hours before update time, then, as we hemorrhaged active nations from the scum like The Black Riders recruiting from us because we were "dying", you banjected the legitimate government and countless other citizens from the region because we didn't want to give up when you told us to.

1. Our WA Delegate's computer lagged and he accidentally banjected you. He's not dumb enough to try doing it, because it doesn't do anything.

2. He explained this to you and in your immaturity and your massive ago you still banjected us and are alienating yourself from your own region and every region that's ever heard of Ainur.

Now you give us founder account, but refuse to give us root and the forums that we spent over a year creating, on a whim?

You, sir have a huge ego and have lost my respect. I'm glad Ainur is no longer connected to you, we don't need the immaturity and instability.

Emrys Mercer said:
Apollo said:
Notolecta said:
Drexlore Greyjoy said:
What was the point in ignoring your region, telling us you were closing us and directing us all to another region without asking a single person's opinion, throwing us to the wolves and giving the WA Delegate executive powers when he had just moved to Asgard and two hours before update time, then, as we hemorrhaged active nations from the scum like The Black Riders recruiting from us because we were "dying", you banjected the legitimate government and countless other citizens from the region because we didn't want to give up when you told us to.

1. Our WA Delegate's computer lagged and he accidentally banjected you. He's not dumb enough to try doing it, because it doesn't do anything.

2. He explained this to you and in your immaturity and your massive ago you still banjected us and are alienating yourself from your own region and every region that's ever heard of Ainur.

Now you give us founder account, but refuse to give us root and the forums that we spent over a year creating, on a whim?

You, sir have a huge ego and have lost my respect. I'm glad Ainur is no longer connected to you, we don't need the immaturity and instability.
Hear hear!

Oh snap.

And not that it's tied into the Ainur business, Apollo, but you can still have significant influence as an "end all, be all" in a Republic. HEM held significant influence and sway over Europeian affairs for a long time after ending the Monarchy. The Old Guard was a thing. :p

Back