The Fall of Ainur?

At just barely a year old, the Region of Ainur, has been declared CLOSED by it's Founder Apollo, who is also a current Citizen and former ranking member of Europeia. In a message sent to the entire Region just five hours ago, Apollo declared the Region closed and suggested everyone move their Nations to Asgard.

TheRoman is my nation located there. To anyone who has spent any time on Ainur's forums in the last month or so, this would come as no surprise. Apollo's activity has been next to nonexistent with only a few posts numbering less than 20. It is not yet clear whether this will be Ainur's final hour or the setup for an elaborate rebuild but it appears that at least one person has taken this to heart and left the Region for Asgard. That would be Ainur's WA Delegate leaving the Region unrepresented.

Many older members of the Region are resisting vehemently to Apollo's statement that the Region is dead. Apollo was on briefly to ask in the Senate who should be given Root Admin on the forum. He also stated that if no names appeared within 48 hours then the boards would go offline. It appears that this particular crisis was averted and some form of Admin access was granted to a couple of select individuals but the situation is far from decided. So far, Apollo has seemed unwilling to hand access to the Founder Nation over to anyone so will the Forum be safe while Ainur becomes just another Founderless Region?

More information to come as it develops. We here at the EBC wish Ainur the best of luck in the coming hours.

Alexander said:
Yes, Ainur can be saved. But I was asked to not talk about Apollo.
Feel free to talk about Apollo, but not in this thread. It's a thread in a Government sanctioned newspaper. We don't need it dedicated to Apollo bashing...

Cerian Quilor said:
If Apollo was so uninterested in continuing Ainur, why not had it over to someone? It would mean installing a dictatorship and probably restoring the Monarchy to sort things out, but I think Ainur could be saved.
Probably something to do with being the Founder. I have a hard time believing that HEM could easily hand control of Europeia over to someone else in the region's early days.

Ainur's In-Game Region has been passworded to avoid being raided. The WAD currently has Admin Control.

Apollo's nation still resides in the Rejected Realms.

Apollo has recently banjected many of the natives who were trying to keep Ainur above water including but not limited to Augustus Telcontar(his NS son and Chief Justice of Ainur), Emrys Mercer(Domestic Consul), Seven-Five(Senate Chancellor), The Republic of Kentucky(WA Delegate for about 12 hours). He also sent the following message to every nation in the Region.

Aerilon is reportedly a region founded by Apollo and has been declared, according to the WFE there, the "New home of Ainur." The small but determined group of Ainurians who were fighting against the downfall of their Region have now given up as it has been made perfectly clear that Apollo wants nothing more to do with the "old" Ainur.

However, speaking of New Ainur, the more active citizens have formed a new Region under the leadership of a Triumvirate of two "usurpers" Augustus Telcontar and Emrys Mercer and Isidor Anumia. The Region has been named New Ainur. Forums are up but are currently being worked on. I believe it is safe to say that the Ainur we knew is gone.

Apollo needs to make up his mind...

Well no. And to break my own rule, it seems only fitting that Ainur end the same way it began. With Apollo having a hissy fit about something.

Back