Skin updates and requests

Indi said:
Looks good. Question: why is the font in the reply box and the font of posted posts different?

Edit: clarified question.
I am not entirely sure either to be honest, given that both areas have the same settings as far as I (and my debugger) can tell. I will change it.

Vinage said:
Ooo I did like the green Elias posted - maybe an off blue that stands out more?
I am thinking of an underlined blue similar to that of the "Law Index" box in the header, but only for posts. The links everywhere else will remain about the same, just a bit more saturated or lighter.

Could you make the links a bold blue?

I like this skin alot more.

r3naissanc3r said:
What I was thinking actually is also making a second version of the same skin, with a dark background color. Either that, or having an extra field in users' profile where they can pick whatever background color they want; that would require using javascript, though, which I'd like to avoid.
I prefer darker themes in general (lot easier on the eyes), so I would be all for the first option. I really do like the new header though

r3naissanc3r said:
Indi said:
Looks good. Question: why is the font in the reply box and the font of posted posts different?

Edit: clarified question.
I am not entirely sure either to be honest, given that both areas have the same settings as far as I (and my debugger) can tell. I will change it.
Okay, I can see that it's fixed for the fast reply box. However, the problem persists in the full reply screen. Might want to fix that too.

I fixed the header (regional info and government are now drop-down menus, all of the top row is a link).

I also changed the fonts for links, they now appear like: link.

I made the very white-ish grays be a bit darker (from rgb(250,250,250) to rgb(245,245,245)), so that even on monitors with very low contrast they will be distinguishable from total white.

I'll next lokk into fixing the fonts issue, and looking into why custom bbtags no longer work.

Please let me know what you think, especially regarding the header.

Siscitatia said:
r3naissanc3r said:
What I was thinking actually is also making a second version of the same skin, with a dark background color. Either that, or having an extra field in users' profile where they can pick whatever background color they want; that would require using javascript, though, which I'd like to avoid.
I prefer darker themes in general (lot easier on the eyes), so I would be all for the first option. I really do like the new header though
A dark variant of this theme, that would change not just the background but also the rest of the forum, is probably a good idea. I would leave the header identical, and just adjust the color tones (the new skin only uses five different colors, so taht should be easy to do).

r3naissanc3r said:
It's exactly the same background color as when you posted yesterday, which is why I was confused :p .
Really. Then it must of not been loading right for me yesterday.

For those using the old skin: to avoid having to maintain a million different header versions, I am thinking of replacing the old header with the new one in that skin too. You can take a look at it using the "Euro tester" skin (which is just for debugging purposes and you should not use permanently).

Oh, I like that!

Also, if people feel strongly about it and have any ideas on how to do it, let me know about adding the regional "motto" ("The land of peace, freedom, and equality.") somewhere in the header.

Put it in the skyline above the buildings? Use buildings as breaks between words. Not sure how it would be done though.

Put it in the skyline above the buildings?
I had tried that and thought it didn't looked good. We could have an additional row for the motto below the buildings, but that would make the header very busy I think.

Use buildings as breaks between words.
That is going to take more work than I'm willing to put into this.

Outsource it to one of our media people.

Back