Skin changes

Looks great R3n! The only thing I have noticed [and you might have as well] when you click 'reply' and go to the reply screen - the top banner does not stretch the whole length of the page. That might just be me though.
Vinage: That is an issue with IF unfortunately, that existed before these skin changes.

Basically, the forum layout is wider when you are posting a reply, than when reading the forum. As a result the banner can only span exactly the forum width in only one of these two situations. The same applies for the main title bar, you'll notice that when you're posting a reply, it no longer spans all of the width of the page.

Given that the majority of the time we are in the "reading mode", it is preferable to design all of the skin images with the width the forum has when reading, as opposed to when posting.
That's fine - no biggie!

What about the space left on the IF server for us?

Bryan, Swak, and I will start to work with Citizen Integration to help with Welcoming.
Bleep
Is that...a problem? I thought we had agreed to help you with that. And Pseudonym is a key part of that strategy. Just because nobody's posted in it in a while doesn't mean it should be taken off.
I dont recall...and I meant it jokingly. Sort of...I wouldnt trust you with a stick. Like in Stepbrothers...gun, water pistol, rape whistle

Bryan, Swak, and I will start to work with Citizen Integration to help with Welcoming.
Bleep
Is that...a problem? I thought we had agreed to help you with that. And Pseudonym is a key part of that strategy. Just because nobody's posted in it in a while doesn't mean it should be taken off.
I dont recall...and I meant it jokingly. Sort of...I wouldnt trust you with a stick. Like in Stepbrothers...gun, water pistol, rape whistle
Good. That's what I thought. :violentgun:

Looks great, R3n.

I guess we could add another line of clink-adds but I think it will make that bar area look horribly cluttered.
I am against the idea of adding another layer of links. I know it wasn't Vinage who suggested it in the first place, but I can't be bothered to find the original right now.

Also, keep in mind that the downside of the new header is that changing any of the buttons now requires that I manually edit them in an image processing, which is impractical and time consuming. So, there is not going to be very frequent rotation.

Regarding which services get advertised, I have said in the past that I am in favor of the Minister of Citizenship Integration, and the President given that he is the one who delegates authority to the Minister, decide about this.

What about the space left on the IF server for us?
Looks like I missed this. What about it? For some reason, lately you appear to be convinced that we are running out of server space :p .
The sever cliff!!!
Well.... that's just a worry that we'd have to move onto a paid-for forum since the server will be collecting more data and more data is being stored directly onto it.

Seems though there is no need to be concerned then

The colors all look fine, R3n.

One thing to note about the new icons (all of them): I uploaded them on a relatively low resolution, 72 dpi, to reduce load time. They appear very sharp on all monitor screens. However, I noticed that, when browsing from my iPhone, they appear annoyingly blurry, especially when compared to the vector-graphics used elsewhere (rendering fonts and boxes).

I tried increasing the resolution to 300 dpi, which fixed the problem on my cell phone, but unsurprisingly caused details in the icons to appear aliased.

I will experiment with intermediate resolutions over the weekend. There is also the alternative of using HTML code to serve different icons to different browsers. However, given that these are often edited by other admins, I would prefer to keep the page code to the bare minimum.

I guess we could add another line of clink-adds but I think it will make that bar area look horribly cluttered.
I am against the idea of adding another layer of links. I know it wasn't Vinage who suggested it in the first place, but I can't be bothered to find the original right now.

Also, keep in mind that the downside of the new header is that changing any of the buttons now requires that I manually edit them in an image processing, which is impractical and time consuming. So, there is not going to be very frequent rotation.

Regarding which services get advertised, I have said in the past that I am in favor of the Minister of Citizenship Integration, and the President given that he is the one who delegates authority to the Minister, decide about this.
That editing could be accomplished pretty easily by anyone if you gave them the template, no?

Good point, that is true. If we switch to a model where what goes to the header is decided by the Minister of Citizen Integration, as I suggested, I will try to upload a couple of different formats people working in the Ministry may use to create new ad buttons (.cfg for Corel, .psd for Photoshop, .svg for Inkscape).

Back