Skin changes

Seems like the only people complaining about these being terrible are the users with pips that have stars which look bleh due to color differences/pixelation.

Mine looks good though.
It has nothing to do with the stars. These are plain, boring, and amateurish looking. They look seriously horrible. I'm not going to let this go either.
This. It looks like something that was done for a forum designed by a 12 year old.

That looks too small, cramped, and bland now! :p

I'm not saying that we can'timprove them because we certainly can. I just think the proposed solution was a terrible mistake.

The thing is, though, that the old PIPs do not fit into the current skin theme. They do not fit into the old one either.

I want to have a consistent scheme, which is why I prefer a redesign.

I'm good with a redesign that fits the current board though I'd like a few options to weigh. I also like keeping it as light as possible - whatever doesn't draw the eyes

That is a good point. The main reason (in my opinion) why the test designs did not work was because, with the colored stars, white text, and solid color background, there was so much going on. The forum buttons work because they are just white text on a blue box, nothing more.

Do you think maybe we could kill the stars, and just have a longer (larger width) version of the reply/new topic/etc buttons, with the text replaced by the usergroup?

That is a good point. The main reason (in my opinion) why the test designs did not work was because, with the colored stars, white text, and solid color background, there was so much going on. The forum buttons work because they are just white text on a blue box, nothing more.

Do you think maybe we could kill the stars, and just have a longer (larger width) version of the reply/new topic/etc buttons, with the text replaced by the usergroup?
That might work. Or perhaps white with a Blue border and blue words rather than a full blue box.

What if we made the badges end in a circle (like the buttons have the Euro symbol circle) with the stars, while the position title is on the rectangular portion?

Back