Skin changes

I have noticed some continued oddities with the spoiler code - when I now activate my sig and/or spoilers, 1) the content of the spoiler is no longer centered for some reason and 2) the spoilers insert a line in signatures when opened and closed.

Elias, these are due to the changes I made the other day.

1) This is actually a fix to an irregular behavior. The text inside a spoiler should be treated as a separate body of text, with a separate scope for alignment and other stylistic changes. This means that the following code
Code:
[align=center][hide=test]test hide[/hide] more test[/align]
is rendered as
[hide=test]test hide[/hide] more test​
As you can see, the spoiler header and the "more test" are centered, but the text inside the spoiler is not. If you want that to be centered too, you should use the following code:
Code:
[align=center][hide=test][align=center]test hide[/align][/hide] more test[/align]
which is rendered as
[hide=test][align=center]test hide​
[/hide] more test[/align]

2) This is because, when the spoiler expands, it needs to create a new block of text that takes up all of the width of the post. In the past, this was the reason why the spoiler was automatically inserting a line even when in collapsed mode. This meant that you could not have two spoilers next to each other in collapsed mode. However, when you expand them, the new line is inserted, and show you see the behavior you reported.

From my perspective the second test doesn't work.
this is what it looks like to me:

[test] more test[/align]

and inside:

[align=center]test hide

The outside is still centered and the inside isn't.

Ugh, you're right. It works when you click "preview post"...

OK, I'll try to think of a way to fix it.

EDIT: For clarification: the align tag does get recognized. For instance

Code:
[hide=test][align=center]centered text[/align][/hide]
centers the contents of the spoiler properly:
[hide=test]
centered text​
[/hide]

The problem in the previous example is that the first closing align is interpreted as closing the outermost (first) opening align, rather than the innermost as it should.

In the meantime, I made a small change to the forum code. The maintitle element now has the same "goto top" button that you see in topics. This should make navigation a little easier, especially when browsing the index from mobile devices.

Let me know if you think it's very obtrusive, or otherwise unpleasant.

In the meantime, I made a small change to the forum code. The maintitle element now has the same "goto top" button that you see in topics. This should make navigation a little easier, especially when browsing the index from mobile devices.

Let me know if you think it's very obtrusive, or otherwise unpleasant.
As you probably noticed, I undid this a long time ago, as I disliked its looks.

I was bored at work, so I made a small change to the skin that has been bothering me for a while. I changed the pm icon to a "filled" version, which I think fits better in the general icon scheme.

Also, some time ago, I changed the color of the blank area between forums (see, for instance, right below the header, where the navigation links are) to a grayish one. It used to be plain white, which I thought had very high contrast.

Any comments or suggestions on the skin in general are always welcome.

The coding for Population, Delegate Votes, and Regional Power seems to have crapped out on us.

What are you talking about? All of the Euro Stat scripts (including the one updating the header) appear to me to be working properly.

What are you talking about? All of the Euro Stat scripts (including the one updating the header) appear to me to be working properly.
If you're joking, haha? :unsure:

If you're being honest, they were showing an error message; something wrong with the .xml file not being found or some such.

If you're being honest, they were showing an error message; something wrong with the .xml file not being found or some such.
Honest.

That's because the XML feature is not supported yet. I just have it there so that, when I find the time to do it in the future, I won't have to edit the page. But you can get the data from the TSV file.

Back