Europeian Question Time: Initial discussion

Plans are in the works to create a Europeian equivalent to the very popular UK show Question Time

The topic for the first edition (should things come together) is the incoming Falconias Administration. The composition, the policies, the challenges it might/will face, etc.

Oh yes, I forgot. Americans are stupid because we aren't proficient in knoweldge which is of no use to us. Silly us. :p

I suppose that's a trait strictly limited to gringos. Go to a "football" match and tell me about obnoxious people. ;)

Oh yes, I forgot. Americans are stupid because we aren't proficient in knoweldge which is of no use to us. Silly us. :p
It's of no use to know what the time is in other parts of the world? How do Americans co-ordinate military efforts, or international trades, or -anything- involving the rest of the world? (and yes, you do require the rest of the world :p)

Oh yes, I forgot. Americans are stupid because we aren't proficient in knoweldge which is of no use to us. Silly us.  :p
It's of no use to know what the time is in other parts of the world? How do Americans co-ordinate military efforts, or international trades, or -anything- involving the rest of the world? (and yes, you do require the rest of the world :p)
Lies. We have guns, we need no one. :violentgun:

I've split the topic so that the actual Question Time has its own pinned thread. This can be used for other general discussion regarding the program.

To two specific panelists, whose identities I will make clear:

These ad hominem remarks are laughable; namely, my apparent "abrupt attitude," to which Dem so coolly referred, and which apparently results in "snippy remarks," as CSP had almost ostentatiously added. Am I condescending and headstrong at times? Without a doubt I am; however, how on Earth is that a major issue? Although you mentioned the obvious two problems of my recent recruitment failures and my not having the backing of a political organisation, it seems as though you went digging for more.

Now, if most of what the voters are looking at are "who's nicer," and in so doing make that a priority ahead of past Senate performance (which you had not mentioned at all), then we have a very serious problem. Having said that, I do not think that we have such a problem. As such, I would like to ask you, Dem and CSP, why you think my character holds relevance to how many votes I will get; more specifically, how it is more relevant than my contributions to the Senate, as you have implied through failing to mention them at all; considering that I have conducted myself professionally and have been helpful during my entire Senate career. If either of you do decide to respond, I would like it if you keep your answers focused to that, rather than go off on a tangent concerning the things that could actually cost me votes.

It looks as though we're having a conversation in two different threads. :lol:

In reply to Kazaman's reaction to my criticism of him: Look back at what I wrote; I described you as a 'very intelligent and able individual' and 'a smart guy and a very proficient legislator'. I did indeed criticize your often snippy attitude, however I haven't exactly dismissed you as a candidate, have I? If anything, I've been largely positive towards you. Also, in response to your remark that your character shouldn't influence people when it comes to voting: it should, and it will; trust me.

Yes, and I will admit that I focused on the negative side of what you wrote, when I probably ought to have acknowledged the positive side as well. I did see your positive remarks, and for those I thank you. Truth be told, this was meant more for CSP than you. In any case, I did not say that character should not be considered. What I did say was that it should not overshadow contributions, effort and experience.

Back