Europeian Question Time: Initial discussion

Plans are in the works to create a Europeian equivalent to the very popular UK show Question Time

The topic for the first edition (should things come together) is the incoming Falconias Administration. The composition, the policies, the challenges it might/will face, etc.

It looks as though we're having a conversation in two different threads. :lol:

In reply to Kazaman's reaction to my criticism of him: Look back at what I wrote; I described you as a 'very intelligent and able individual' and 'a smart guy and a very proficient legislator'. I did indeed criticize your often snippy attitude, however I haven't exactly dismissed you as a candidate, have I? If anything, I've been largely positive towards you. Also, in response to your remark that your character shouldn't influence people when it comes to voting: it should, and it will; trust me.

Yes, and I will admit that I focused on the negative side of what you wrote, when I probably ought to have acknowledged the positive side as well. I did see your positive remarks, and for those I thank you. Truth be told, this was meant more for CSP than you. In any case, I did not say that character should not be considered. What I did say was that it should not overshadow contributions, effort and experience.
I agree with you, professional qualities should be taken into account before personal traits. It's not that you're a bad person, in fact you're a great guy, but you can be, well, blunt at times. :p

I was asked a question and I answered it as honestly as I could, Kaz. I have no reason to go after you on any level. Yes, your accomplishments in the Senate are extensive and far reaching but there is no denying that you have been undependable as of late. That is not a dig or an insult, it's a fact. You're a very smart guy and as I said, there is nothing keeping you from having a very productive and successful term if elected. However the factors I have previously mentioned certainly work against you, in my opinion and will affect my vote. That is why I cited them in my answer. I hope this explanation is acceptable to you.

I have been very active of late, actually. Claiming that I have had problems with being available is a lie as far as public office goes.

Oh, I was available, I simply didn't manage my time well enough to do so.

I had the time, and I very well could have, I just spent the time doing other things instead.

Being blunt is a bad quality because ...? :p
Okay, you can be more than blunt, but never mind. :p
Do go onward. :p
If you say so... You have an annoying tendency to take control of a situation when you have no right to, and you often butt in when you're not needed. Happy? :p
That's better, yes. :p
Well then, I'm glad that's settled. ^_^
Well, not quite. :p

Would you please cite a few examples of my "annoying tendency"?

I had the time, and I very well could have, I just spent the time doing other things instead.
So instead of being unavailable, you chose to shirk your duties? I really am failing to understand your point here.

I'm being honest. *shrugs*

In any case, I've certainly learned from that, hence why I will strive to marginally over-achieve, if elected.

If you say so... You have an annoying tendency to take control of a situation when you have no right to, and you often butt in when you're not needed. Happy? :p

Okay: when I was Mayor, I recall you flatly telling a newbie that his vote was invalid because he posted 'yes' or 'I approve' (or something similar) instead of aye, which wasn't really your place to do so. No other exact examples spring to mind, but I if come across any I'll hastily let you know. ;)

:p

Okay: when I was Mayor, I recall you flatly telling a newbie that his vote was invalid because he posted 'yes' or 'I approve' (or something similar) instead of aye, which wasn't really your place to do so. No other exact examples spring to mind, but I if come across any I'll hastily let you know. ;)

:p
Hm ... okay; however, one minor event does not constitute an "annoying tendency," and even if you find other minor examples such as that, they are so insignificant that if they affect my getting votes, we have a serious problem, as I said. :p

Back