ENN Gossip Blog

Anumia quietly forms exploratory committee?

Rumor has spread around the capital that former President, former vice President, former Chief Justice, former Senate Speaker, Former Minister of Foreign Affairs, Former Minister of Integration, Former Senator, Anumia J. Anumia has been quietly forming an exploratory committee for the Presidency.

"There's no doubt about it," Anumia's eighty-seven year old former court intern told ENN, "Anumia wants to redeem the quiet success of his first term by having a second term that will go into the books as one of the best."

Sources have indicated that Lethen will seek the Presidency if Anumia does now.

This story has not yet been confirmed.

HEM said:
"There's no doubt about it," Anumia's eighty-seven year old former court intern told ENN, "Anumia wants to redeem the quiet success of his first term by having a second term that will go into the books as one of the best."
A sprightly young fellow! ...I trusted him with that secret conversation!

Have we ever actually run against one another - or with one another - in executive elections?

Swakistek said:
I don't know if this is a joke. I hope it is. :p
The ENN Gossip Blog is the epitome of journalistic integrity. :smartass:

Lethen said:
Have we ever actually run against one another - or with one another - in executive elections?
No. I have run against HEM, though. The only significant electoral loss I have ever suffered. Granted, it wasn't exactly democratic in the usual sense :p

If the ENN Gossip Blog is the epitome of journalistic integrity....then I'm Miles Davis. :smartass:

Anumia said:
Lethen said:
No. I have run against HEM, though. The only significant electoral loss I have ever suffered. Granted, it wasn't exactly democratic in the usual sense :p
What a great election that was. Anumia sat on his hands, confident of election, while a coalition of five minor parties took him down.

HEM said:
Anumia said:
Lethen said:
What a great election that was. Anumia sat on his hands, confident of election, while a coalition of five minor parties took him down.
Sat on my hands?! I was campaigning right to the end...had pulled together a polling majority, then you called in a favour at the last minute, and captured the key constituency >.> :violentgun:

Anumia said:
HEM said:
Anumia said:
Lethen said:
Sat on my hands?! I was campaigning right to the end...had pulled together a polling majority, then you called in a favour at the last minute, and captured the key constituency >.> :violentgun:
I won by like two constituencies :p

And yes, I held TC to his promise of support. And I won. :ph43r:

Anumia unhappy about being cajoled out of retirement

Newly-nominated as Associate Justice, Anumia is said to be quietly peeved at President Swakistek for inadvertently reviving his Judicial career after he had firmly closed the book with retirement in Hampshire late last year.

The President declined to comment on these whispers, but sources close to him suggest it was his intent all along, as Anumia was draining state finances with extremely high Social Security cheques due to his advanced age.

"It's not fair," Anumia's wife, florence alumina Anumia, complained, as she tottered over to sit in her husband's lap, "I finally got Julian out of the office and in bed with me again and now one of our blasted children wants to put him back to work!"

An informant in the Republican Treasury quietly commented over drinks last night, "Frankly, it was unsustainable to let him stay in retirement. Even with the riches plundered from our invasions and tag raids, our best estimates showed that we'd be broke by next Wednesday."

Anumia hasn't made any official statement on the matter, mostly because florence has been distracting him in the bedroom with her dancing ever since the news of his nomination broke, to try to keep him from actually showing up at Court.

HEM said:
Anumia said:
HEM said:
Anumia said:
Lethen said:
I won by like two constituencies :p

And yes, I held TC to his promise of support. And I won. :ph43r:
Yeah, after TC switched to you, West did as well, because he thought you were probably going to win with TC's constituency, and wanted your government to be stronger.

Back