ENN Chief of State Senate Vote Tracking

You can expect an announcement this afternoon on the timing of the vote. Or at least when it starts. I have no control over when it ends and if I recall, lots of people had cold feet the last time we had a competitive vote.

I remember. It was maddening!

You can expect an announcement this afternoon on the timing of the vote. Or at least when it starts. I have no control over when it ends and if I recall, lots of people had cold feet the last time we had a competitive vote.
(14) Voting for Chief of State Elections, First Ministerial Elections, General Elections, and By-Elections shall occur immediately following the closure of the relevant standing period, and shall last for twenty-four hours. Administration of voting periods shall adhere to this timing within practical reason but must not allow a period less than twenty-four hours.

There was a discussion on this in the past, the vote is open for 24 hours, Senators are implicitly able to change their votes during this time, and the results aren't official until the 24 hours is up (because Senators can change their votes).

It's not like a bill, it can't close early if a majority threshold is met.

What I'm more going for is the idea that if any Senator waits an additional 24 hours to vote after the vote is opened there are going to be a lot of people going "you've known who the candidates are for ages, what are you waiting for?" Yes, the vote will close after 24 hours (and I had actually forgotten that so I'm not trying to pretend I remembered), but I guarantee you there will be some ... vitriol (rightly or wrongly I leave to each individual to decide) if there isn't a relatively quick casting of votes!

It’s like a poker cash game. Hit and runs are bad etiquette, but if you announce you’re leaving at a set time, nobody can get mad if you just raked a $300 pot and then get up and leave at that time.

So, before the vote opens just declare you’ll cast your vote in the last minute - and you’re protected from faux manufactured vitriol!

hippity hoppity - updated again!

probably final update?

I am interested to see what the the final vote is compared to your tally, and to my poll (v public perception, I guess?) because it seems like there's uhm... quite a difference.

Back