ENN Chief of State Senate Vote Tracking

there's been a MAJOR update

I understand why some senators may be disappointed in my stance on the hard cap, but I genuinely believe it's the wrong policy decision and a significant departure from the executive discretion originally enshrined in Constitution V. Obviously I feel strongly about that--I wouldn't threaten a veto if I didn't--and if I lose because of it, I will understand. Regardless, Istillian has promised to send any reform package to a referendum. I hope the senators who favor a hard cap will consider my campaign on its merits despite this disagreement.

Yeah, imo Senators not supporting Sopo because of his stance on the hard cap is kind of a cop out. I would be ultimately pretty surprised if whatever reform package gets passed isn't put towards the people in some capacity, so there'd be a referendum on it either way lol

Abstaining on the vote?!

Some senators haven't even posted anything in the platforms. This is just ridiculous.

Abstaining on the vote?!

Some senators haven't even posted anything in the platforms. This is just ridiculous.

All the more reason to move to a direct election. I feel like a lot of the "real" campaigning is somewhat shadowy right now - in senator's dms and whatnot. But I also don't know, because, how could we know? Its one thing to do a GoTV campaign for 40 citizens, and another for a half dozen senators.

Abstaining on the vote?!

All the more reason to move to a direct election. I feel like a lot of the "real" campaigning is somewhat shadowy right now - in senator's dms and whatnot. But I also don't know, because, how could we know? Its one thing to do a GoTV campaign for 40 citizens, and another for a half dozen senators.

I mean, that's practically the same thing lol.

But either way, abstaining from the vote is pretty silly.

Abstaining on the vote?!

I mean, that's practically the same thing lol.

But either way, abstaining from the vote is pretty silly.

I think the meaningful way in how it is different is that I as a citizen won't be held accountable for my vote on CoS, but a Senator could be, because it is part of current functioning of the job of being a senator. So if senators are doing these discussions and such privately, its harder for me as a citizen to evaluate the process by which the senator landed on their decision.

Ideally, there would be some debate in the senate itself and such, and the shadow-politics will always be happening, but if we are going to make senators responsible for this decision, I'd (as a citizen) like to be able to see how they landed on their decision.

That's why I wished all Senators would chime into the CoS platforms. It makes some senators look like they are doing nothing.

Or at least make a thread about it in the Conference Hall or something

Honestly, I have been so confused by some of these CoS articles. I keep thinking the vote is open already!

Back