EBC WIRE Comments

Onder was reconfirmed as Chief Justice, not an Associate. I think Vinage might have titled that thread wrong.
Actually, Elias was right the first time, since the Justices had to reelect him Chief Justice after he was confirmed.

And aquinas, your suggestion has been noted. ^_^
Guess I should have realized that. My bad. ^_^
Cool beans. Also, sorry about not putting up EBC Funny Pages or Games for today...I was really busy both making last minute prep for the Euro-Pacific World Tour and with RL stuff. Your regular programming will resume tomorrow.

EBC publications aren't an appropriate venue for you to advertise your little club. This is the Ministry of Culture, not the Ministry of Gus. I implore you to discern a difference.

Slight correction, I haven't been a Grey for over a year now. The name "Marlowe" is of my own construction, so it won't ever change again. ^_^

I don't know if that's what EBC Wire is for. Further, your point on Rachel is way off. She's been on a crusade against Unibot and the UDL for well over a year.

I'm not sure if that was a real conversation with Cormac, but the argument that Rachel wouldn't harp on someone for being a defender / UDL... haha well. Rachel has fanatically anti-UDL and advocated much stronger stances towards that region, within Euro and Balder.

I'm also interested in how the interviewer can claim to know whether Defenders feel unwelcome. Is the interviewer a defender? What gives the interviewer the right to speak for a single defender or for defenders at large in Europeia? The idea perpetrated in the interview that defenders (or any other individual or group of individuals) can only feel out of place when we say is also ridiculous. Bad interview. Combative, aggressive... bad interview -_-

Edit: text of interview here

Hello and welcome to a new edition of breaking news at EBC's, The Wire! Today, we have a special guest with us; Cormac Stark.

Cormac, what do you think of Europeia's decision to have Earth remain a PNG?

Cormac: They see her as a threat to their imperialist-raider hegemony in Europeia and they're determined to keep her out.

What if I told you that we've had plenty of Defenders come in here and make their way to positions of honor without having to compromise their core beliefs?

Cormac: It's about making sure that Europeia remains loyal and subservient to The New Inquisition, and that's all it's about.

Huh. I'm pretty sure that we've had this discussion before, here. We're allies to TNI and as such, due to our treaty, are called to lend support in certain circumstances when asked to do so. They have the same stipulations toward us. I believe that recently we had a discussion about whether or not we were obligated to help TNI with their war against the UDL and had decided against it.

Cormac: I'm not the one who made the UDL or "defenderism" an issue here, NES did. I'm not going to stand idly by and watch him tear down the UDL or imply that UDL members or defenders in general should not be part of this community.

Didn't Henry bring up the UDL to begin with? NES mentioned it, but it doesn't look like he was trying to make this issue about the UDL. You were the first to really bring up the defender/raider axis in this argument, though.

Cormac: Defenders in general and UDL members specifically are made to feel unwelcome in Europeia. That's largely why I haven't been active here since joining the UDL. NES, Onder, Rachel, et al. are the ones who make us feel unwelcome and they do that for precisely the reason I stated.

o_O; You do know Rachel was once a Defender? Not sure if she still is, but once was and made it in Europeia as a Defender? I would think she'd be the last person to harp on your for being a Defender. The only times I can think of when Defenders were made to feel unwelcome was when they were trying to jump on our case for raiding, wherein we stood solid on our tenets and wouldn't budge and they got butthurt and left. Honestly, I haven't seen NES or OnderKelkia attack anyone simply for them being a Defender.

Cormac: Wow. All right then. I think it's abundantly clear that I'm unwelcome here.

Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. Is there anything else you'd like to say before leaving?

Cormac: The government of Europeia has decided to deny our request for recognition and in fact to deny any embassy to Asgardia. They are basing this denial on unfortunate comments I made in Europeia several days ago for which I have apologized -- comments that were made in my capacity as a Europeian citizen, not as the Keisari of Asgardia or in any way as a representative of Asgardia. The government of Europeia has thus demonstrated that it cannot separate the actions of citizens engaging in their community and its political process as citizens from their diplomatic relations with other regions. In so doing they have set a double standard, holding Asgardian officials to a standard they have in the past refused to apply to officials from other regions such as The New Inquisition and The Land of Kings and Emperors. This is unacceptable diplomatic behavior and Asgardia will not diplomatically engage with a region that doesn't understand the complexities of diplomacy and that would impose such a standard on our region but not on others.

Therefore, effective immediately, diplomatic relations with the government of Europeia are terminated. Their embassy has been closed and archived, our ambassador to Europeia has been recalled and the diplomatic visa of President Vinage Grey-Anumia has been revoked.

I see. Wasn't it unacceptable diplomatic behavior to come in here ludicrously accusing Europeia of being biased without knowledge of what exactly was going on and without making sure of the validity of what you said in the very thread you gleaned the information from?

Cormac: I resign my Europeian citizenship. Best of luck to all of you.

That's because it wasn't an interview. It was Henry copy and pasting Cormac quotes and then responding condescendingly. :p

That's because it wasn't an interview. It was Henry copy and pasting Cormac quotes and then responding condescendingly. :p
Oh. Not sure if that's better or worse. That belongs in a Blog. Not the EBC. Wouldn't want to mix up the views of a private citizen with those of the government of Europeia. :p

Back