EBC Improvement Committee

This will be the thread for the EBC Improvement Committee to meet and discuss.

All EBC employees are more than welcome to contribute, and be a part of, this committee.

The purpose of this committee is to improve and better establish the EBC.

We will be working on everything from the management and organization of our forums, to our logo.

This will be an active, exciting process that I for one am happy to mediate.

For our first topic, I would like for us all to talk about the journalist application process and how we can improve it.

Ahhh I see - so it's not how to improve the application process but how to get more applicants. Right?
Yes - but we also want to improve the ease of how apply.
There's easier than posting an application form with like 2 questions on it, on an online forum? :blink:
Yes there is. ^_^

I think we have to take recruiting people to apply a step forward.

Maybe we even include the application in our PM's we could send out to new members.

Oh I agree that recruiting people to apply is an important 'thing' you achieve that through exposure and giving people a reason why to write for the EBC over their own newspaper.

What I am confused on though is how you can improve on the application form itself which is what you have also stated you are hoping to do. What suggestions would you have here?

Oh I agree that recruiting people to apply is an important 'thing' you achieve that through exposure and giving people a reason why to write for the EBC over their own newspaper.

What I am confused on though is how you can improve on the application form itself which is what you have also stated you are hoping to do. What suggestions would you have here?
No, I dont think you are understanding me.

I want to change the ease of applying. i.e. making it easier for people to find the application, and recruiting.

I think the application is simple enough.

Excuse me if I did not articulate myself well...^_^

So it isn't 'how' people apply but how people find how to apply that you want to improve on. It was this post that threw me...

Remsol said:

Anyway that's simple enough - exposure again. Look what I've done for the University - smother the post in links and make it something that people should get involved in. Once you do that applications pour in. Simples.

So it isn't 'how' people apply but how people find how to apply that you want to improve on. It was this post that threw me...

Remsol said:

Anyway that's simple enough - exposure again. Look what I've done for the University - smother the post in links and make it something that people should get involved in. Once you do that applications pour in. Simples.

Simple enough.

Any other topic that you would like to discuss at this moment Vinage.

After thinking about this for a while, I think the most important priorities are the following:

-Getting all of our staff to write at least one article a month, especially the newbies

-Showing what all of our staff does and allowing people to subscribe to updates

-Changing up the logos for EBC, EBC Funny Pages, EBC Review Lounge, EBC WIRE, and others (except for EuroPoll, thats fine) to create a consistent design

-Getting more journalistic articles, like news analysis and opinion (we already have breaking news, comics, polls, and reviews covered)

-Posting newspaper games like crosswords, sudoku, etc. (just posting them would be better because then people can do with them what they like, instead of playing the game forever)

-Maybe doing some real world news?

-Encouraging more participation in Letters to the Editor

-Creating a toolbar for IE, Firefox, etc.?

After thinking about this for a while, I think the most important priorities are the following:

-Getting all of our staff to write at least one article a month, especially the newbies

-Changing up the logos for EBC, EBC Funny Pages, EBC Review Lounge, EBC WIRE, and others (except for EuroPoll, thats fine) to create a consistent design

-Getting more journalistic articles, like news analysis and opinion (we already have breaking news, comics, polls, and reviews covered)

-Posting newspaper games like crosswords, sudoku, etc. (just posting them would be better because then people can do with them what they like, instead of playing the game forever)

I agree with all of those.

I think our main priority should be delivering daily or weekly quality articles.

I agree with all of those.

I think our main priority should be delivering daily or weekly quality articles.
And Hospitlar, Malcom, and Mr. Woods need to be kicked in the rear to be active.

Meep meep!

I finagled a little bit with the Wire logo, so I present it here to see what you all think. I kept all of Gus'(?) original colors (according to Photoshop) and the lightning bolt theme. I'm not overly set on the font, and this new one is a little large, but hey, it's a transparent background PNG! HUZZAH!! :lol: Comments are appreciated. And don't be afraid to hurt my feelings. After all, this took a whole two minutes.

[hide=Current Wire Logo][/hide]

[hide=My New Attempt][/hide]​

Meep meep!

I finagled a little bit with the Wire logo, so I present it here to see what you all think. I kept all of Gus'(?) original colors (according to Photoshop) and the lightning bolt theme. I'm not overly set on the font, and this new one is a little large, but hey, it's a transparent background PNG! HUZZAH!! :lol: Comments are appreciated. And don't be afraid to hurt my feelings. After all, this took a whole two minutes.

[hide=Current Wire Logo][/hide]

[hide=My New Attempt][/hide]​
That logo is bad and you should feel bad.

Seriously, it does look cool. I don't know about the coloring of EBC though.

Drex-What say you for colors?

Gus-Think I should shrink the bolt so it fits in there? That wouldn't be difficult.

Drex-What say you for colors?

Gus-Think I should shrink the bolt so it fits in there? That wouldn't be difficult.
No, I think it's fine as is. Again, just move the letters a bit and color them yellow. Also, can you create a separate version for EBC Review Lounge, EBC Funny Pages, etc. with the same font and coloring for EBC, so we can make a channel bug of sorts?

Hold on just a tick, I'm gonna try and do like your original logo with the bolt as the "I." Be back shortly. :lol:

Hold on just a tick, I'm gonna try and do like your original logo with the bolt as the "I." Be back shortly. :lol:
OK, cool. And when you get back, for tomorrow's WIRE, can you mention A Horseman's Words? It's the newest poem in the Red Light District, and I think giving new artwork for different authors a mention would be great.

Yes, I will, sounds good.

Here's the two newest versions. First one has all of "Wire" in yellow, second has it in black save the lightning bolt. Also, these are both all horizontal much like the current logo. Works better at the top of a post that way, me thinks.

[hide=All Yellow][/hide]
[hide=Black and Yellow][/hide]​

Yes, I will, sounds good.

Here's the two newest versions. First one has all of "Wire" in yellow, second has it in black save the lightning bolt. Also, these are both all horizontal much like the current logo. Works better at the top of a post that way, me thinks.

[hide=All Yellow][/hide]
[hide=Black and Yellow][/hide]​
I think it works better horizontally too...but maybe it's just me, but the EBC and WIRE seem a bit too far apart. Also, making "re" into "RE" would complete it. :)

Back