EBC Improvement Committee

This will be the thread for the EBC Improvement Committee to meet and discuss.

All EBC employees are more than welcome to contribute, and be a part of, this committee.

The purpose of this committee is to improve and better establish the EBC.

We will be working on everything from the management and organization of our forums, to our logo.

This will be an active, exciting process that I for one am happy to mediate.

For our first topic, I would like for us all to talk about the journalist application process and how we can improve it.

I'll accept, of course, and I'm more than honored that you've chosen me to take part in this committee, Remsol. Thank you very much!

As for the journalist process, getting an actual application thread started as you did (Remsol) was a very solid start. :p I think a more rigorous PM campaign would help get some younger members involved and perhaps even posting to the RMB in-game. I don't think the process, as it stands right now, is so much difficult or unfriendly as it is simply unknown and/or not so visible. Increasing the overall exposure of the EBC would definitely garner more interest in the journalistic side of the forum.

First of all, we need to change our logo.

Pretty uninspiring if you ask me, no offense Vinage, but we need it to be more like a TV channel bug or something, something that catches peoples' eyes. If you could do that, that would be great. Then we could apply this to every logo except EBC WIRE, which is doing just fine with the (finger-drawn) logo that I made- it emphasizes the hardscrabble nature of reporting the news as it happens. :)

Pretty uninspiring if you ask me, no offense Vinage, but we need it to be more like a TV channel bug or something, something that catches peoples' eyes. If you could do that, that would be great. Then we could apply this to every logo except EBC WIRE, which is doing just fine with the (finger-drawn) logo that I made- it emphasizes the hardscrabble nature of reporting the news as it happens. :)
I agree - the logo needs a big change. But I wouldn't just limit it to our general logo. I would also extend the revamp to the EBC Wire logo as well....

I agree - the logo needs a big change. But I wouldn't just limit it to our general logo. I would also extend the revamp to the EBC Wire logo as well....
Well, if anybody is willing to do the revamp so that the WIRE part (lightning bolt I and all) would look better, then I guess I'm actually fine with that. It'd probably be Vinage.

Well, if anybody is willing to do the revamp so that the WIRE part (lightning bolt I and all) would look better, then I guess I'm actually fine with that. It'd probably be Vinage.
We will discuss all of the logistics of that later.

For now, I would really like us to focus on the application process.

We have plenty of staff already, we just need to focus them.

We have plenty of staff already, we just need to focus them.
We do have plenty of staff.

But for the initial part of this meeting, for gods sake I would like to talk about the application process. This is essential to the future of the EBC; and it is better we deal with it now, rather than later. My goal as Director of the EBC is to better prepare the EBC for the future, not necessarily for the present.

Thats not to say we can't have two discussion at once though...^_^

Woahhh what's wrong with the EBC logo? The one that is based off like.... EVERY news corporation and was inspired from the BBC theme :p

Usually I have heard nothing but compliment regarding the logo and I will not be making another.

Woahhh what's wrong with the EBC logo? The one that is based off like.... EVERY news corporation and was inspired from the BBC theme :p

Usually I have heard nothing but compliment regarding the logo and I will not be making another.
I like the idea and maybe we can just keep the acronym and put the letters horizontally. Even the BBC doesn't spell out its name in its acronym.

I like the idea and maybe we can just keep the acronym and put the letters horizontally. Even the BBC doesn't spell out its name in its acronym.
This.

This.
If you dig through the archives of the EBC that logo should be lurking about somewhere as I have used it before.

If no dice then I'll see if I can dig it out in my mess of a laptop

This.
If you dig through the archives of the EBC that logo should be lurking about somewhere as I have used it before.

If no dice then I'll see if I can dig it out in my mess of a laptop
Ok, great. So we have that pretty much covered.

I am still leaving a little wiggle room for the logo though.

If anyone wants to submit one, put it here, or PM me, but for now we will use Vinage's.

Onto the application process. Vinage, Gus, Elias, how do you think we could improve this?

NOTE: I am going to make this open, so all employees can participate.

I'll accept, of course, and I'm more than honored that you've chosen me to take part in this committee, Remsol. Thank you very much!

As for the journalist process, getting an actual application thread started as you did (Remsol) was a very solid start. :p I think a more rigorous PM campaign would help get some younger members involved and perhaps even posting to the RMB in-game. I don't think the process, as it stands right now, is so much difficult or unfriendly as it is simply unknown and/or not so visible. Increasing the overall exposure of the EBC would definitely garner more interest in the journalistic side of the forum.
PM'ing new members is a great idea. Vinage, Gus, what do you think?

Remsol said:
Onto the application process. Vinage, Gus, Elias, how do you think we could improve this?

Could you explain and further this point please? What is 'broken' in it and needs to be improved?

Remsol said:

Could you explain and further this point please? What is 'broken' in it and needs to be improved?
In mine and others opinions, the way the EBC gains new journalists is only by the individuals having to find the EBC, and go to that specific thread, and fill out the form.

That may not sound hard to us that have been here for a while, but for members who are brand new; this could be confusing.

So, what Elias proposed is that we PM new members, to let them know about the employment offers of the EBC, and the benefits it brings.

Ahhh I see - so it's not how to improve the application process but how to get more applicants. Right?

Back