Christmas banner

Instead of a banner, why not have a link to a website where you can donate to the Human Fund?

I note though that the straight Christian banner was the only one until there were complaints, and now we're talking multi-banner...

I note though that the straight Christian banner was the only one until there were complaints, and now we're talking multi-banner...
I have a somewhat related question - are there any non-Christian users here aside from the non-religious who think only using the Christian banner is annoying? Seems like we have a majority of non-religious complaining that the Christian banner is infringing on the non-Christian religious somehow. Which I find amusing.

Yes, because the person who volunteered to make one is a Christian. Sorry I don't see the evil conspiracy.

:rolleyes:

Yes, because the person who volunteered to make one is a Christian. Sorry I don't see the evil conspiracy.

I'm not suggesting a conspiracy. Just that this banner and this banner only was intended; it wasn't presented as the first in a line of multicultural banners.

We're not doing that though. We're celebrating Christianity's Christmas and nothing else. If we had something that showed a different banner whenever you refreshed that'd be different, but we don't and as such it should be something that is religiously neutral.
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN PROPOSING!

flail.gif
What I'm suggesting is we put up banners for Hanukkah, Divali and all that too to balance it out (when the time comes) - we don't need to censor religion, we can just balance it through the year by celebrating different cultural holidays and not making them all neutral.
That sounds like work (for you, but work nonetheless). I'm not opposed to the idea, but wouldn't a simply Happy Holidays with a seasonal theme rather than a religious one be an easier way to sate the masses than changing the banner every few weeks?
I'm happy to do the work involved. I can accept that people want some balance for the religious themed banners, but I don't accept that we should ignore religion altogether just because some people don't like it - that's going to the other extreme.

Also, I originally did have a schedule to do different banners, but only thought of it again now because someone asked for a Christmas one. Although, as you can see, this is just the first step in my plot to make Europeia a theocracy.

We're not doing that though. We're celebrating Christianity's Christmas and nothing else. If we had something that showed a different banner whenever you refreshed that'd be different, but we don't and as such it should be something that is religiously neutral.

flail.gif
What I'm suggesting is we put up banners for Hanukkah, Divali and all that too to balance it out (when the time comes) - we don't need to censor religion, we can just balance it through the year by celebrating different cultural holidays and not making them all neutral.
That sounds like work (for you, but work nonetheless). I'm not opposed to the idea, but wouldn't a simply Happy Holidays with a seasonal theme rather than a religious one be an easier way to sate the masses than changing the banner every few weeks?
I'm happy to do the work involved. I can accept that people want some balance for the religious themed banners, but I don't accept that we should ignore religion altogether just because some people don't like it - that's going to the other extreme.

Also, I originally did have a schedule to do different banners, but only thought of it again now because someone asked for a Christmas one. Although, as you can see, this is just the first step in my plot to make Europeia a theocracy.
You're the admin here - I know where the real power lies. :violentgun:

*pledges firstborn son to Swak*

I'm not suggesting a conspiracy. Just that this banner and this banner only was intended; it wasn't presented as the first in a line of multicultural banners.
Nobody suggested that was the original intention. I just thought my idea was a better alternative that has a banner "Happy/Joyful [insert event here]"

The real question is why does anyone care? I'm *technically* Christian, but am really Atheist and I could care less.

flail.gif

You're the admin here - I know where the real power lies. :violentgun:

*pledges firstborn son to Swak*
*anoints Elias*

Also, yes. I'm not sure why it's such an issue...I know I wouldn't be up in arms if it was a picture of Ganesh up there to recognise Divali or something, and I'm certainly not Hindu.

I do, but I didn't answer it because he should realize that people care about everything. And there is no changing it.

The real question is why does anyone care? I'm *technically* Christian, but am really Atheist and I could care less.
You can't be both. -.-
Well depends on what sect of Christianity. For example once someone is baptized catholic they are always catholic no matter if they change their religion(this is how the number of catholics in the world is over a billion because many of those people aren't actually catholic). Also it would be theoretically possible to have an atheistic Christian sect(atheism is not a religion in it of itself nor is it the lack of a religion). They would simply have to believe the bible was not meant to be interpreted as a set of truths, but rather as a set of stories to explain what morals and principals one should hold. This would allow one to not believe in a God, but still follow the teachings of Christ and the Christian bible.

Back