Christmas banner

I tried to add snow but we don't have enough room in our board headers for the code.

SD is, indeed, born on 25th December. Why do you think he hates everything so much... nobody cares about his Birthday :emb:

We did a banner for Passover earlier this year -- which is a far more appropriate way to celebrate Judaism than pretending that Chanukkah is something other than a minor observance.

I'm sure the admins would be willing to celebrate other faith traditions also, particularly if members of our community practice those faith traditions.

I tried to add snow but we don't have enough room in our board headers for the code.
The NS Republic forums have a nice snow effect. Perhaps you could contact Tweedy about getting it? It's a subtle effect, but I like it.

No I mean you have a character limit for how much html you can uae

I was playing around with some snow code. I decided against it, but added two snow textures instead. One is the grayish between the forum categories, and the other the blue in the background.

Also, I would like to make having textures in at least one of these areas of the forum standard. I like the current colors, but we can change the themes depending on the period of the year. I think they make the somewhat bland, "boxy" look of the forum skin more lively, without distracting too much from the main features of the skin (high contrast solid colors).

Again, I'm looking for feedback, so please let me know what you think.

Oh come on, at least it's better than EoE's :p .

Again, though, we are not sticking to anything yet. As I said, I am looking for feedback.

I love it on the blue, not a big fan of it on the cream below the header.

It should be pointed out that the crappy Christmas banner is now also out of date...a neutral "Season's Greetings" or "Happy Holidays" one, or something of the like, could have been retained longer...

It should be pointed out that the crappy Christmas banner is now also out of date...a neutral "Season's Greetings" or "Happy Holidays" one, or something of the like, could have been retained longer...
Technically we could leave the Christmas decorations up till the Twelfth Night, ie. the Evening of the 5th January, and still be within the Anglican traditions that we all hold so dearly. :ph43r:

Back