Christmas banner

Everyone(Generally) celebrates holidays, but not everyone celebrates Christmas and it's ignorant not to mention arrogant to push Christmas and other holidays on people who don't celebrate them

Everyone(Generally) celebrates holidays, but not everyone celebrates Christmas and it's ignorant not to mention arrogant to push Christmas and other holidays on people who don't celebrate them
It doesn't push Christmas on anyone; it just wishes us a merry Christmas. If you don't celebrate Christmas, congrats. That doesn't mean you need to take offense to people celebrating it.

I don't take offence to it. I celebrate it. But I don't think that leaning towards one religion is in the best interest of the region.

It doesn't push Christmas on anyone; it just wishes us a merry Christmas. If you don't celebrate Christmas, congrats. That doesn't mean you need to take offense to people celebrating it.
:like:

Okay but for the third time...why can't we include more cultures? I don't see why anyone would be offended...we can all celebrate our traditions and accept greetings from all backgrounds. Why so we have to censor and water down the individual holidays?

Okay but for the third time...why can't we include more cultures? I don't see why anyone would be offended...we can all celebrate our traditions and accept greetings from all backgrounds. Why so we have to censor and water down the individual holidays?
Because most young people have been taught that anything in any way related to Christianity should be whispered about in the privacy of your own home. :p

We're not doing that though. We're celebrating Christianity's Christmas and nothing else. If we had something that showed a different banner whenever you refreshed that'd be different, but we don't and as such it should be something that is religiously neutral.

Christmas and the other holidays. Which are not being recognized with our current banner.

Basically what I am saying is this:

We can either be fair by having all of them or none of them, but singling one out is unfair.

When in the last two millennia has Christianity been excluded from prominence anywhere in the West? The only religion, the only "culture" with any exposure here already is Christianity.

A large reason I have a problem with he nativity scene is because chuck shoves Christianity down everyone's throats enough already. It is the only religion talked about onto he forums, and it is pretty much being forced on people who don't want to deal with religion or talk about it. You want a Christmas banner go ahead, but make it the secular modern Christmas, not the Christian one.

We're not doing that though. We're celebrating Christianity's Christmas and nothing else. If we had something that showed a different banner whenever you refreshed that'd be different, but we don't and as such it should be something that is religiously neutral.
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN PROPOSING!

flail.gif

flail.gif
What I'm suggesting is we put up banners for Hanukkah, Divali and all that too to balance it out (when the time comes) - we don't need to censor religion, we can just balance it through the year by celebrating different cultural holidays and not making them all neutral.

flail.gif
What I'm suggesting is we put up banners for Hanukkah, Divali and all that too to balance it out (when the time comes) - we don't need to censor religion, we can just balance it through the year by celebrating different cultural holidays and not making them all neutral.
That sounds like work (for you, but work nonetheless). I'm not opposed to the idea, but wouldn't a simply Happy Holidays with a seasonal theme rather than a religious one be an easier way to sate the masses than changing the banner every few weeks?

Again, I'm not in the camp getting worked about it, just my two cents.

Why not just make a "Happy Holidays!" banner with a different color scheme and a reflection of major holidays going on right now - throw a jewish star on there, keep the nativity scene, throw in a dreidel and the santa hat, etc.

I don't know what other holidays are going on right now, but at least that'd be fucking accurate. :p

Back