Admin Task Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nun said:
If you aren't going to delete my account can you at least delete my posts?
I removed your email from your account and gave your account the most basic masking we have. As per some private admin discussions however, you don't give us any specific reasons past what you've vaguely stated above to change our official policy on not deleting accounts (or posts, for that matter).

Nun said:
If you don't mind me asking, why don't you delete posts or accounts?
Because our mission, in addition to offering a fun addition to standard Nationstates.net gameplay is also, at this point, archival. Someday (probably) both our region and game will be gone, but the stories that existed will endure forever. That is why we decided, many years ago, that we do not delete content unless compelled to by law, our Terms of Service, or in the event of spam / obscene material.

This is a hard and fast rule that spares us from having to have socratic discussions every time someone leaves. And while yes, you only have 6 posts, we aren't going to start making exceptions unless we are given a pointed reason why we should. We are not trying to be difficult, but we have this hard rule to make the process completely transparent and straightforward.

We are not permitted to do anything with the remaining information we have, and that information would not go away with account deletion anyway (your IP address is attached to your posts even if we terminate your account). We have stripped your account of its email as a courtesy.

If you believe you have a specific reason you absolutely require your account to be deleted, you may email me at jakkobi501 [at] gmail.com. Otherwise, we do not intend to make an exception to our policy.

Best,
HEM
Chief Administrator
Board Owner
http://s6.zetaboards.com/Europeia/

Nun said:
Okay, I understand. Is it possible to remove name history? Thank you.
If you'd like, I can erase your name. But there is no way to wipe the history of your username.

Nun said:
What do you mean by "erase your name"?
It's what you suggested. I can change your username.

Beyond this, we are done with this conversation. I'm honestly extremely confused as to why you are so insistent to have your account deleted. I have given you your options, and no other conversation needs to be had on this matter.

HEM said:
It's what you suggested. I can change your username.

I meant erase the name history on my profile, not change my username. Doesn't matter though since apparently you can't do that.

HEM said:
I'm honestly extremely confused as to why you are so insistent to have your account deleted.]

It's mostly to do with the old username in my name history. I don't like having it on random websites and I'm trying to make it disappear for a private reason.

HEM said:
I have given you your options

Give you a reason for my account to be deleted that you deem good enough or get lost? :p

I'd like to request a subforum in the political parties and societies area Letho called "The Europeian Innovation Network" with the following description:

"The Europeian Innovation Network (EIN) is a think tank dedicated to analysis of executive branch projects and sponsoring innovation therein. The EIN serves as both a work space for citizen innovation and a resource for members of the executive."

Edit: And could it also have a subforum called "The Innovation Center" under a joinable group?

Edit2: Unless there's a better place for it than political parties, as it isn't one. :unsure:

Edit3: OK, I think it should probably go in Letho so no one confuses it for a political party.

I need to be added as Leader of the CA Leadership Joinable group.
Plz remove Trinn from it too.

Can the " and World Assembly proposals. " be deleted from the CA subfourms description as that was moved out a long time ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back