Recent content by Cormac

1. C

Notice of Administrative Ban

I know I'm generally not welcome here from an in-character perspective, but I just wanted to say that I've known some of you for years, and it makes me sick that you've had to endure this. I think anyone who interacted with "Brunhilde," myself included, feels at least a little betrayed and...
  2. C

Admin Task Thread

Thank you, much appreciated.
  3. C

Admin Task Thread

I have been asked by Escade, the Minister of Foreign Affairs in the South Pacific, to serve as TSP's representative to CAIN. Unfortunately, I am no longer able to post in the CAIN subforum as I was able to during the initial CAIN conference, and so I can't register as a signatory representative...
  4. C

Admin Task Thread

Edit: r3n fixed it. Thanks! Bah. I accidentally split this post into the wrong forum, as I was going to combine it with the correct thread with Anumia's permission. Can someone move it back to Vox, please? Sorry. >_>
  5. C

Admin Task Thread

Could you change the thus far un-used Republic Post's name to Vox? Could I also get moderation?
  6. C

Election Dissection

I didn't resign my Senate seat a week or two into the term, so this is progress compared to 2012. :lol:
  7. C

Election Dissection

Your analysis may well be correct CSP, but I don't think any incumbent Senator should feel or actually be safe. All Senators, myself included, were far less active than we should have been this term. Perhaps the only exception to this has been Modern Sin, who was relatively active for his...
  8. C

Grand Admiral nominee faces Senate scrutiny

Sorry, I had forgotten about this thread and have only been paying attention to the Senate the past couple of days, as I've been busy. As Skizzy put it, my concerns were more substantive than stylistic though I may not have conveyed that well. I had concerns about Seven Deaths before he ever...
  9. C

Grand Admiral nominee faces Senate scrutiny

The Senate also has a mandate, and a responsibility, to reject Cabinet nominees that it believes would be detrimental to Europeia. That mandate may be less fresh because we were elected weeks ago, but it is no less real. The President's election does not necessarily mean a mandate for all of...
  10. C

Wildcard Submission #2

I don't think she was actually asking for a summary, just saying it was too long and she didn't read. :P I've read Unibot's essays -- all of them, why do you think I switched back?! -- so this was a breeze. :lol:
  11. C

Panel Discussion

I agree with Skizzy. I would have liked to have seen more vision from the candidates, and more debate between them over competing visions, but the important issues once one of them is President are going to be activity and management skills. While I do think one candidate has more experience...
  12. C

Kraketopia edges ahead of Drecq

I was one of the ones who said I wished Lethen would have been in the race, if I recall correctly. My thought process behind that was that a more experienced candidate would have forced the current, less experienced candidates to work a little harder and wow us a little more to win. Of course...
  13. C

Wildcard Submission #2

It reminded me of Q&A sessions with Hillary Clinton in which she answers every question with some variant of "I think we should have a dialogue..." And no, reminding me of Hillary Clinton is not a good thing. :P I think Drecq won the debate, but only by a bit. I think we're giving Kraketopia a...
  14. C

Panel Discussion

In regard to the foreign affairs question -- and I apologize for my slow response, computer issues -- I do think the lack of vision the candidates are demonstrating in regard to external affairs in their platforms is troubling. I will say that I believe both candidates will have more vision when...
  15. C

Looking back and forward

I essentially agree with those who have said drama is not the kind of activity we want here. I was, frankly, an ass here two years ago, and that didn't do anything to contribute to an improved political culture. I've also seen firsthand the effect that sustained, long-term confrontation and...
Back