Which Team Are You? The Presidential Election Draft

Which Team Are You? The Presidential Election Draft
An EBC Radio Tie-In
Written by Sopo

Listen to the Broadcast Here

Last night, Europeia witnessed its first ever Presidential Election Draft. Inspired by the political commentary of FiveThirtyEight, Sopo, Calvin, and HEM conducted a "snake draft" to choose the group of Europeians with the highest liklihood of becoming the next president (10 points), VP (5 points), or on the ballot at all (1 point). Here are the results:

Team Sopo
1 - Darcness
6 - Drecq
7 - Writinglegend
12 - Rach
13 - Festavo
18 - GraVandius
19 - Sanctaria

Team HEM
2 - JayDee
5 - Kylia Quilor
8 - Rand
11 - Deepest House
14 - Skizzy Grey
17 - Aexnidaral
20 - Le Libertia

Team Calvin
3 - Brunhilde
4 - XIV
9 - Isaris
10 - Snowball
15 - Cat
16 - Verteger
21 - Vlaska​

So, are you Team Sopo, Team HEM, or Team Calvin? Which of these groups do you think is most likely to produce our next president? Any names we missed?

Not gonna run for President anytime soon and i am flattered that i was drafted. But you can expect me in future Senate races.

Aexnidaral Seymour said:
Isaris said:
Aexnidaral Seymour said:
Guess we will find out who is right in a few days, I think? Not sure when standing starts.
Standing should start between 10/23 and 10/27.
My birthday!
Happy Birthday Aex, you get to read Presidential platforms!! :p

Running for President would have to be when I'm not trying (and failing) to find a better IRL job.

Le Libertie said:
Such a pity no one choose Aditya. Would have already had a point.
Nobody gets any points until the final ballot is official. It's a long time until we see a winner. :gentleman:

Honestly it would have been better to pick random citizens off the membership list and ya'll would have picked up at least a few free points.

GraVandius said:
Honestly it would have been better to pick random citizens off the membership list and ya'll would have picked up at least a few free points.
lol

I would have done a draft that was expanded to ballots *and* those that may wind up as Cabinet ministers. The scoring would have to be adjusted, but I would have found that much more interesting than "here's the 3 that are most likely running, now let's throw a bunch of darts at the wall and hope we hit some targets."

Lethen said:
I would have done a draft that was expanded to ballots *and* those that may wind up as Cabinet ministers. The scoring would have to be adjusted, but I would have found that much more interesting than "here's the 3 that are most likely running, now let's throw a bunch of darts at the wall and hope we hit some targets."
Yea I think it would have been better for 2 points for ballot and like .5 for minister. That way You could pick up a decent number from non-winner and make it more competitive.

Festavo said:
Looks like Team Calvin won
How many points did each team have?

Back