Which Team Are You? The Presidential Election Draft

Which Team Are You? The Presidential Election Draft
An EBC Radio Tie-In
Written by Sopo

Listen to the Broadcast Here

Last night, Europeia witnessed its first ever Presidential Election Draft. Inspired by the political commentary of FiveThirtyEight, Sopo, Calvin, and HEM conducted a "snake draft" to choose the group of Europeians with the highest liklihood of becoming the next president (10 points), VP (5 points), or on the ballot at all (1 point). Here are the results:

Team Sopo
1 - Darcness
6 - Drecq
7 - Writinglegend
12 - Rach
13 - Festavo
18 - GraVandius
19 - Sanctaria

Team HEM
2 - JayDee
5 - Kylia Quilor
8 - Rand
11 - Deepest House
14 - Skizzy Grey
17 - Aexnidaral
20 - Le Libertia

Team Calvin
3 - Brunhilde
4 - XIV
9 - Isaris
10 - Snowball
15 - Cat
16 - Verteger
21 - Vlaska​

So, are you Team Sopo, Team HEM, or Team Calvin? Which of these groups do you think is most likely to produce our next president? Any names we missed?

Hate to burst bubbles, as always, but I won't be running for President in this next election. I'm open to VP offers, though as of this writing, I've received none. I'd say that most of my focus in Europeia right now is on expanding the ECP and laying down the foundations for its future.

This is tricky. I voted Team HEM although I wouldn't be shocked if Team Sopo came out on top. #solidarity

I nearly fainted seeing even a mention of me running for President...

Not gonna happen anytime soon.

Just look at how many people on my team have commented here, and how many of those have said they're not running. :ph43r:

Le Libertia said:
I nearly fainted seeing even a mention of me running for President...

Not gonna happen anytime soon.
Ah, just throwing us off your trail then huh? I get it LL. Don't worry. Your secrets safe with me. :p

Sopo said:
Just look at how many people on my team have commented here, and how many of those have said they're not running. :ph43r:
For fun, I went back and checked off who from each team has explicitly stated they are not running (for President), either here or during the broadcast.

Team Sopo: Drecq, Sanctaria
Team HEM: Aexnidaral, Le Libertia
Team Calvin: Isaris, Snowball

So far we're all even, interestingly enough.

Sopo said:
It wouldn’t be inaccurate to assume that I couldn’t exactly not say that it is or isn’t almost partially incorrect. I'm possibly more or less not definitely rejecting the idea that in no way with any amount of uncertainty that I undeniably do or do not know whether I wouldn't be running, if that indeed wasn’t where I am running.

Brunhilde said:
Are we going to start calling draft busts a week before the election starts as if this were a NFL draft?
We are definitely do a "mid-way" broadcast, maybe a few days after standing starts.

Guess we will find out who is right in a few days, I think? Not sure when standing starts.

Aexnidaral Seymour said:
Guess we will find out who is right in a few days, I think? Not sure when standing starts.
Standing should start between 10/23 and 10/27.

What if I'm the next president? Who wins then, eh?

:troll:

Back