Topics marked as read

Swakistek said:
Disabled the blue arrows, so fixed.
At the risk of losing what little sanity I have, can you check what I posted (may have been a response in a new thread) in the Admin Offices about how I can help?

And why do you think it is that the blue arrows appear for everything? :huh:

Swakistek said:
The blue arrows mark all threads that a user has posted in.
*sigh*

Yes, I'm aware of that. There's no middle ground like only topics that you posted in within the last, say, week? Or since the last time you logged in?

Bumping this back:

I actually find those arrows useful: in areas where I post a lot, they serve as a reminder of threads I still need to post in; in areas where I post very selectively, they serve as a reminder of threads I'd like to check upon after I posted.

But, seeing that the majority of people (that posted in this thread anyway) find them annoying, I can survive with them being disabled.

Lethen said:
And I see no harm in telling people publicly why we wanted to transfer forums - the IP search function had stopped working on our forums for months (years?) after the z6 (or was it z11?) server crashed. Major security issue. It's fixed now, though. I'll be going through our current IPs for any citizens and making sure no one has doubles, duplicates, etc.
If you'd said that from the start, those who'd have opposed the move, would have looked like IFNazis :p

Back