The State of the Chief of State

It's all tied up!!

Late to report, but the aforementioned potential vote has come in from Lloenflys in favor of HEM/Pichtonia. This election seems almost in their grasp.

hqdefault.jpg

HEM/Pichtonia have officially been elected as the next Chief of State and Deputy Chief of State.
There's still two hours, technically anyone can change their vote within the allotted 24 hours. I don't think Drecq will be closing the vote early just because it reached a possible winning threshold.

HEM/Pichtonia have officially been elected as the next Chief of State and Deputy Chief of State.
There's still two hours, technically anyone can change their vote within the allotted 24 hours. I don't think Drecq will be closing the vote early just because it reached a possible winning threshold.
I don’t think it’s legal for Senators to change votes and I don’t intend to test that.

I don’t think it’s legal for Senators to change votes and I don’t intend to test that.
I’m fairly certain you can change votes up until the vote is closed.

Indeed, the votes will not technically be counted until the election closes, I don't think there would be anything illegal about changing a vote.

FWIW, in the "real world" it is common practice for changes to occur, especially on important bills when arm-twisting happens. It's also common practice at the end of a vote for the chair to ask if there is anyone wishing to change their vote before the time period for voting closes. In the absence of anything specifically setting out a requirement forbidding that practice in the Constitution or SPA, the default would be that it would be allowed. If i'm going to get really hypothetical and wanted to propose a Constitutional Crisis, if it wasn't in the Constitution and the judiciary purported to tell the Senate how to run a procedural vote, I would tell the judiciary to bug off and leave Senate Procedure to the Senate ;)

That said, I would hate to a whirlwind of *psych* votes at the end as everyone rushed to change their votes. That would make things a bit of a farce. But if someone genuinely had a change of heart I think it would be perfectly appropriate for them to say so and register the change.

Indeed, the votes will not technically be counted until the election closes, I don't think there would be anything illegal about changing a vote.
While that would certainly work to my advantage, I feel like that sort of thing could be abused. I get people could simply have a change of heart, but it could get overly political.

While that would certainly work to my advantage, I feel like that sort of thing could be abused. I get people could simply have a change of heart, but it could get overly political.
It would be absurd to effectively suggest that Senators can not edit their votes though. If that was somehow not allowed someone would have to see it or the Admins would have to go back and check what the vote was first written as. The votes are not permanent until the vote is closed.

It would be absurd to effectively suggest that Senators can not edit their votes though. If that was somehow not allowed someone would have to see it or the Admins would have to go back and check what the vote was first written as. The votes are not permanent until the vote is closed.
Fair enough

Brb :p

Then I'll put it this way: we're calling it for HEM/Pichtonia. I suppose we can't guarantee that, but barring some unprecedented last minute vote changes, they have almost certainly won.

Back