President fiddles while Europeia sleeps

Anumia said:
I do not believe the determination of who is "worth their salt" is whether or not they appreciated AA's racist/sexist/etc jokes. They weren't too edgy for me to not find amusing at times, but, a new member confronted with that everywhere in the Republic Square could be turned off rather easily, while having a particular talent we might have otherwise seen put to use in the Republic.
And what did we repeatedly tell new members, or put in the "Rules for the RS" thread, or include in items meant for new members? That the RS is a walk-at-your-own-risk minefield.

He already pointed out that all attempts by both himself and Cerian to foster an RP culture here have fallen flat on their faces.
Then we need to re-evaluate how we decide what RPs to include, pursue, etc.

There absolutely are occasions that are bad. April 2011 is one such example.
You think I remember that far back? :baghead:

Cerian Quilor said:
There's no central commisariat on RPs, Lethen. People get an idea, post it up and try to run it.
We moved to that approach? Hmm, ok. Wasn't aware of that.

Cerian Quilor said:
We could make a Central Commissariat for planning rps. :p
I think that would take the lifeblood out of people that are actually willing to start a new roleplay. No sensible oldtimer thinks RPs can work on here anymore... Unless you push for a change in mentality, you need newcomers to create things such as the legislative RP.

Huxwells Shaw said:
Cerian Quilor said:
I think that would take the lifeblood out of people that are actually willing to start a new roleplay. No sensible oldtimer thinks RPs can work on here anymore... Unless you push for a change in mentality, you need newcomers to create things such as the legislative RP.
The " :p " denotes a joke. :)

^ The " :) " denotes mild amusement and hints at slight condescension. :gentleman:

^ The " :gentleman: " implies that I am a gentleman. :ph43r:

^ You're on your own for this one. :ph43r:

Anumia said:
Huxwells Shaw said:
Cerian Quilor said:
The " :p " denotes a joke. :)

^ The " :) " denotes mild amusement and hints at slight condescension. :gentleman:

^ The " :gentleman: " implies that I am a gentleman. :ph43r:

^ You're on your own for this one. :ph43r:
That it's all lies?! :ph43r:

(see what I did there? Lieception for you bro!)

Huxwells Shaw said:
Cerian Quilor said:
People don't have to be 'new' to make an rp.

Cerian Quilor said:
Huxwells Shaw said:
Cerian Quilor said:
In theory you don't, but as I pointed out - in practice old timers couldn't care less anymore :p

Not true. I don't have the time but I used to and I liked RP'ing.

Huxwells Shaw said:
Cerian Quilor said:
Huxwells Shaw said:
Cerian Quilor said:
In theory you don't, but as I pointed out - in practice old timers couldn't care less anymore :p
Except that's false: See, SD and Me for examples right here in thread.

Since you've called us old timers before, we're certainly still old timers, right?

Cerian Quilor said:
I'm not saying that Hux is right. I'm asking that he be consistent.
First of all - I don't mean to offend you guys by calling you "old timers". My definition, as you know it, still stands: anyone on here for more than a year.

That being said - congratulations, 2 out of let's say 30+ oldtimers care about getting the RPing going. In general (and, as the legislative RP shows, in practice), most old timers don't bother with getting involved in RPs currently.

Huxwells Shaw said:
Cerian Quilor said:
I'm not saying that Hux is right. I'm asking that he be consistent.
First of all - I don't mean to offend you guys by calling you "old timers". My definition, as you know it, still stands: anyone on here for more than a year.

That being said - congratulations, 2 out of let's say 30+ oldtimers care about getting the RPing going. In general (and, as the legislative RP shows, in practice), most old timers don't bother with getting involved in RPs currently.
Weren't both Cerian and Mac involved in that?

It has nothing to do with how long people have been here. Some people are into that kind of thing and others aren't. Europeia has always been, first and foremost, a political simulator. We don't have any weird fake religions, orders, or history like say, Unknown. It's just not our bag. For a RP to be popular and/or sustainable here, it has to built on that interest in politics and governance rather than fairies and dragons or whatever else you weirdos are into. :p

Back