NS Fair. Was Is Successful?

FA Events
From the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation, one of Europeia’s premier Media groups.
Keeping Europeians and the world informed since 2009.

NS Fair. Was Is Successful?
EBC Debates - You Decide

First Check The Forum. Then Tidy Up

As the NS World Fair comes to an end and the rooms are tidied away. The forum hidden away and archived into the depths of the Zetaboards server along with other previous forums and failed regions - we wonder, was it worth it? Was it a success and what now?

Well for Europeia this Corporation would believe it was a big success - and not just because it had the second most active regional venue. Europeia is the prime author on COPS II and can hold its head proudly in full knowledge that it is remains relevant on the international stage after all these years. This isn't though what we are to discuss here, we are here to examine the event itself.

So was it well organised and well attended? Certainly well attended and the idea was great - incredibly active but this Corporation feels that it didn't quite live up to initial expectations. There was certainly interregional cooperation and mutual enjoyment by both larger and smaller regions - however we have not seen this continue afterwards. There have been no new regions here applying for an Embassy and vice-versa. So where did everyone go afterwards after being such good friends for a day or two? It also seems we were almost spoiled with choice with bits and pieces happening here-and-there and due to the unconventional layout of the forum areas which, perhaps, were due more attention did not get the attention it deserved - perhaps leading to disfranchisement?

Additionally COPS II wasn't signed and was not near completion come the end, this isn't due to a lack of an idea being placed or a lack of interest. Not by a long shot. But a lack of moderation and involvement by those initially charged with being responsible for it progressing. The fact that COPS II did not come about will stand as a big black mark against the fair and almost dampen any legacy that it might of achieved.

So was the NS Fair a success? Does the lack of COPS II mean the fair will be soon forgotten? Is there a legacy for the NS Fair? - What do you believe Europeia?

Written By Vinage. Reporter for the EBC

You know PhDre, if you want people to take you seriously and respond to your points... perhaps you should work on your communication skills?
Is 'I'll just troll you cos i have no argument' a legitimate debate tactic now?

As for COPS, the conversation continues in one of Europeia's partner region in this, Osiris, and I've also raised both Skizzy's original draft, and the latest NSWF draft, in the North Pacific, and will be doing the same in other regions I'm in.

I agree with PhDre. I highly doubt the original COPS was drafted, amended and passed by the original signatories in a week. Calling the NSWF a failure because we couldn't do that seems... illogical.

I also agree with PhDre when he says let's have the COPS conversation here, let's go grab some new embassies etc etc. It shouldn't be too difficult to go out and find a new region to open relations with. Hell, start here if you can't think of anyone to open relations with.

Europeia has also invited Charles of Balder & Zeorus of Equilism, the final two individuals discussing COPS II on the NSWF Forum to here so that we can again tap into Skizzy's knowledge.

I, personally, think a slight lack of management over the COPS II forum and debate was a bit of a downside of the COPS II re-write. Kogvuron and Earth organised it but neither posted beyond a single instance of Kogvuron saying 'Agreed Here'.

What was the NSWF's legacy aiming to be and what is it then?

But please.... do draw out one line in the entire commentary to decide your view on the Administration.
Let's be fair. I said that if we haven't reached out to regions that participated in the NS fair, that's a failure of the Administration. My view of this administration is not decided by a single line in your commentary, so please... do draw out my view of the Administration based on a single question.

The NS Fair didn't have an intended legacy. It was just a thing Unibot threw together.
I mostly agree. Though whether it had an intended legacy doesn't prevent us from discussing it's incredible black marks (like not renegotiating a very controversial, nebulous COPS treaty in a few short days). In all seriousness, I think it was a nice idea, and I'm glad someone threw it together.

Europeia has also invited Charles of Balder & Zeorus of Equilism, the final two individuals discussing COPS II on the NSWF Forum to here so that we can again tap into Skizzy's knowledge.

I, personally, think a slight lack of management over the COPS II forum and debate was a bit of a downside of the COPS II re-write. Kogvuron and Earth organised it but neither posted beyond a single instance of Kogvuron saying 'Agreed Here'.

An honest to God serious, 'objective' question (I'm doing my best here Rachel, got to give us communication beginners a beak now and then..):

Why not invite every signatory of the COPS treaty to Europeia? Why limit this conversation to Charles and Zeorus? Why not have one representative from each signatory discuss changes to COPS, and then create a new document that will replace COPS if a majority of signatory agree to transition over (or some other standard for switching)?

Why not invite every signatory of the COPS treaty to Europeia? Why limit this conversation to Charles and Zeorus? Why not have one representative from each signatory discuss changes to COPS, and then create a new document that will replace COPS if a majority of signatory agree to transition over (or some other standard for switching)?

Wish we could but something like that would be near impossible to arrange and conduct unless it was pre-orchestrated and pre-planned how it would go. Almost processional. Didn't we just go through with this 'invite everyone' method at the NSWF and look where that got us - a week of deciding how to prosecute people under COPS and how to determine who could be on the prosecution panel.

Additionally, as StGeorgie has stated here, TNP & Osiris are debating it - why weren't we invited or every other region? Because too many cooks = bad soup. We end up going nowhere apart from around in circles. You take a select few who are actively involved and interested - you then bring everything together.

The new document exists and is being discussed, I take the assumption you've not seen the discussions then during the NSWF?

Actually when Euro isn't invited to a COPSII inter regional discussiion between Balder and TNP, I don't think that's an example of too many cooks on the kitchen being exercised, that's leaving Bobby Flay on the sideline during Iron Kitchen. I could be wrong but I thought a selling point for Europeia is our strong legal and judicial experience and tradition of excellence in those fields. Why shouldn't we help organize and frame the COPSII treaty?

I understand this is a challenge but a focused effort to create a true working document that effectively deals with the issues left in COPS. I've also seen the document in NSWF (still a black mark?) though my understanding is that this was a newer direction for COPSII and wasn't by any means the neccessary foundation for future work on COPSII.

Additionally, as StGeorgie has stated here, TNP & Osiris are debating it - why weren't we invited or every other region?
As a note, I haven't invited you because I knew Skizzy was on a ten day holiday, was going to speak to him when he returned about the possibilty of a joint conference to further the discussion.

Additionally, as StGeorgie has stated here, TNP & Osiris are debating it - why weren't we invited or every other region?
As a note, I haven't invited you because I knew Skizzy was on a ten day holiday, was going to speak to him when he returned about the possibilty of a joint conference to further the discussion.

Thanks Georgie. Today is my first day back. :)
Thank you as well Georgie! ^_^

Back