NS Fair. Was Is Successful?

FA Events
From the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation, one of Europeia’s premier Media groups.
Keeping Europeians and the world informed since 2009.

NS Fair. Was Is Successful?
EBC Debates - You Decide

First Check The Forum. Then Tidy Up

As the NS World Fair comes to an end and the rooms are tidied away. The forum hidden away and archived into the depths of the Zetaboards server along with other previous forums and failed regions - we wonder, was it worth it? Was it a success and what now?

Well for Europeia this Corporation would believe it was a big success - and not just because it had the second most active regional venue. Europeia is the prime author on COPS II and can hold its head proudly in full knowledge that it is remains relevant on the international stage after all these years. This isn't though what we are to discuss here, we are here to examine the event itself.

So was it well organised and well attended? Certainly well attended and the idea was great - incredibly active but this Corporation feels that it didn't quite live up to initial expectations. There was certainly interregional cooperation and mutual enjoyment by both larger and smaller regions - however we have not seen this continue afterwards. There have been no new regions here applying for an Embassy and vice-versa. So where did everyone go afterwards after being such good friends for a day or two? It also seems we were almost spoiled with choice with bits and pieces happening here-and-there and due to the unconventional layout of the forum areas which, perhaps, were due more attention did not get the attention it deserved - perhaps leading to disfranchisement?

Additionally COPS II wasn't signed and was not near completion come the end, this isn't due to a lack of an idea being placed or a lack of interest. Not by a long shot. But a lack of moderation and involvement by those initially charged with being responsible for it progressing. The fact that COPS II did not come about will stand as a big black mark against the fair and almost dampen any legacy that it might of achieved.

So was the NS Fair a success? Does the lack of COPS II mean the fair will be soon forgotten? Is there a legacy for the NS Fair? - What do you believe Europeia?

Written By Vinage. Reporter for the EBC

There have been no new regions here applying for an Embassy and vice-versa.

If the 'vice-versa' refers to a failure to reach out to regions attending the NS Fair... isn't that a failure of the administration?
-_-

Can't say I was exactly enthralled by the process either, but there was a lot of good process made, which can be built upon in the future.

PhDre doing the Political Compass:

"I'd always support my country, whether it was right or wrong."

Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

PhDre: lol.

If the 'vice-versa' refers to a failure to reach out to regions attending the NS Fair... isn't that a failure of the administration?
-_-
The only point extracted from this article. Not surprised.
It's a fair point.
Fair point or not, that's not the only think there is in the article.
True, I only reiterated a point that Vinage made - that Europeia has failed to reach out to NS fair-going regions - instead of pointing out other flaws in the article. I could have pointed out the ridiculous premise in the article that not finishing COPS II is a "big black mark against the fair [that will] almost dampen any legacy that [the fair] might of achieved." Did anyone expect COPS II to be finished in a few short days? When it wasn't the focus of the fair in the first place? No.

Fuck if I don't love and support Europeia. That doesn't mean I can't point out when we say one thing and do another on a very basic, obvious level. Our President thinks NS-fair might be a failure because COPS II didn't get done at the festival? Let's host a meeting here in Europeia to kick-start that initiative. Our President thinks NS-fair was a failure because we didn't reach out and start new embassies? Lets start doing that. -_-

The point is that you are not objective in any sense of the word. Yes, you could have put forth an argument that the fair was a success and that it wasn't about finishing COPS II. But instead you simply look for the angle in which you could harshly criticize the administration.

I'm sorry, but I think that if people post their opinions as a private citizen, that they shouldn't have to fear snide comments about how well they have been doing in their official capacity. For some reason, when Vinage posted a topic in order to have a debate about the fair and to foster discussion, I doubt the goal was to have people use it to unfairly critique the government.

The point is that you are not objective in any sense of the word. Yes, you could have put forth an argument that the fair was a success and that it wasn't about finishing COPS II. But instead you simply look for the angle in which you could harshly criticize the administration.

I'm sorry, but I think that if people post their opinions as a private citizen, that they shouldn't have to fear snide comments about how well they have been doing in their official capacity. For some reason, when Vinage posted a topic in order to have a debate about the fair and to foster discussion, I doubt the goal was to have people use it to unfairly critique the government.
Is there anything unfair about pointing Vinage the citizen who says that we didn't establish NS embassies abroad, to Vinage the President and Elias the FA? Is it unfair to remind an Interior Minister who says that there aren't enough recruiting contests that he's ultimately responsible for recruiting contests?

That's just a bizarre line of reasoning.

My comments are not harsh criticism. I also don't see where the supposed lack of objectivity is in my argument that there isn't a significant difference between Vinage the President and Vinage the citizen making a comment about how we could do better interacting with other regions.

Let's pretend this article isn't titled "Let's jump at PhDre's shadow," and return to discussing the apparent black mark on the NS fair because of an inability to strip COPS down and build it back up again in under a week.

You know PhDre, if you want people to take you seriously and respond to your points... perhaps you should work on your communication skills?

You know PhDre, if you want people to take you seriously and respond to your points... perhaps you should work on your communication skills?
One of the richest things I've ever heard.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

-_-
We have strengthened relations with some of our closest, and some of our newest, friends with the likes of Balder, Equilism, TSP and Osiris prior to the event with our drafting of COPS II being supported by them. With newer regions we have also recently signed, pending TNI approval, of both TSP and Ainur joining the Bealtaine Accord.

So while we might not have a 1,000 new friends to go posting on their forums - the NS Fair was beneficial to Europeia in much other [and personally more important] ways. But please.... do draw out one line in the entire commentary to decide your view on the Administration.

PhDre's one of the best communicators here in Europeia; the only difference between him and the other well-practiced public speakers is that he tends to skip over the flowery and ego-stroking crap to ask questions (or make statements) focusing on the negatives that can be righted instead of the positives that are repeatedly lauded.

Back