Notice of Administrative Ban

Thank you, administrative team, for unrooting this weed in our community. These actions are not tolerable and should be removed as soon as they are found.

Dhanny said:
Btw, how he can be a Chancellor?
Brunhilde is no longer Vice Chancellor or President. He has been, rightfully, banned.

Kudos to the Administration Team on taking this difficult action to protect our community. This had to happen. I am absolutely disgusted with Brunhilde.

We love ya'll, Admins.

Biggest Thanks to the Admin team for having our backs.

A massive thank you to the admin team as I cannot imagine where I would be if they had not done this when they did.

Why do the worst ones always have to be the best ones.

I'm gonna have to second Drecq's statement here. Fuck!

...Utterly mindblowing. I genuinely was not remotely expecting this at all. I want to thank the administrative team for their thorough investigation and needed ban of Brunhilde.

Alan Lee said:
I certainly applaud you guys for the ban, as to making a Europeia due to your effort, but I do have one point.
1. I'd like to point out that some Europeians do use public computer and/or public internet to access NationStates, the Forum and the discord. Me, for example, though I have never used it, am allowed to use internet chatting programs during school time so as long it's not during class, and I do use my mom's office wifi to browse Europeia at times. What if two Europeians are in the same city (as big cities can often get) and decide to use the city/airport/etc. wifi?
Hey Alan,

I can let you know that the odds of two Europeians using the same network with the same IP configuration is almost minimal - think something in the odds of one in a billion. The fact that two people might share two the same IP addresses once is extremely unlikely - and if it's ever raised, I'm sure evidence can be provided to the admin team that these are two separate people.

Thank you admins for your work in this matter.

I can't believe something like this would happen here, in Europeia of all places. It goes to show deceitful liars can be found anywhere but still, what a shock, what a disappointment.

North East Somerset said:
As I said in Eurochat: I hope the player behind Brun gets the help he clearly needs - but that can't come from this community.

There have been too many victims - and they have suffered too much from this frankly insane situation. Unfortunately, we have until now failed to protect them, and as a community not just Europeia but the wider NS world, we have let this player deceive and sexually exploit many female gameplayers through the respect they held across the game - even for instance being an Admin of the "female gameplayers" group on Discord.

We all have to think long and hard how we got here, and what we can do to stop this happening again, in terms of avoiding allowing fraudulent and manipulative individuals to become so respected, and educating our more vulnerable users about the dangers of false identities.
Very well said.

But I don’t know where to begin. I consider myself a reasonably savvy person, but I had no idea about Brunhilde.

I’ll add my voice to the chorus of praise for the administrative team. I can’t imagine having to balance the stress of an investigation such as this one with managing my day-to-day RL responsibilities. Thanks for all you do to make this community what it is.

Sadly, this isn't the first and definitely won't be the last...

As someone who thought they knew Bryan back when, my sincerest thanks to the admin team and all involved to uncover this. I can only hope this will be the last we hear from him.

Yuno said:
What Alt said

i consider brun one of my closest friends So this looks pretty terrible and shocking in the emotional sense to discover all this o.o ?
???
Thanks for the info I guess
Same. I... may need a moment to process all this.

Thank you to the admin team for going through what must've been a colossal effort to uncover this shit. Now I... need a drink.

Strong thanks to the admin team for their thorough work on uncovering this. This is... unfortunate.

Would it be possible for admins to provide a username of the Discord member by which Brun went so people can remove any DMs that may be considered private?

Insane seems like too light of a word, but since walls of text littered with profanity are unseemly, it's fitting.
I feel so sorry for the victims, and would also like to thank the admin team for doing this grueling, soul draining job.
Stay sane and hang in there, everyone

I might be in shock? I don't think I am. "Brun" and I had a falling out and this election got us "honestly" talking again. Now I guess that is over and....I feel fine about it. "She" broke off our rp marriage months ago and I hadn't gotten to full trust again. So...just wow. Makes the past "can't help you cause of kidneys" story really a twisted story then. But I'm not unhappy "Brun" wasn't there to "guide" me. Way too many quotations now....

An appropriate and measured response. The United Kingdom remains willing to assist and support our Europeian friends in any further inquiries, if necessary.

Back