New NS Feature. Costs Money?

FA Events
From the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation, one of Europeia’s premier Media groups.
Keeping Europeians and the world informed since 2009.

New NS Feature. Costs Money?
EBC Debates - You Decide

Is [Violet] A Cat?

$2.99 doesn't get you much these days. It's about the same as a monthly payment to insure your iPhone, a bottle of beer... a quality chocolate bar or a game of ol' pitch and toss. Last night though NationState's resident super-being [Violet] announced that for a one-off $2.99 payment you can have an add-free version of the site. Yeahy? Well there are two problems with this, firstly it could be the start of more paying features that we have come to expect for most Facebook-style games. Now it is extremely unlikely for NationStates to go down this route, especially after the failed attempt to do this with No Sense, however this could merely be the start.

On a more business perspective, doesn't this now lower the monthly $'s paid by companies to advertise on the site? Since there is a way to now not see the adverts why should advertisers pay the same as before? Additionally, beyond the initial spike of interest now that this has been announced, who's to say it'll become a long-term means of the site making income? It is this reporters opinion that this method would not be viable beyond the present. We will see though.

For those interested in purchasing the feature you may do so here.

Written by Vinage. Reported for the EBC

I wonder how many people are lured away from NS to play Grepolis by those ads. Or read those anti-Obama websites. Or buy snorg tees.

I wonder how many people are lured away from NS to play Grepolis by those ads. Or read those anti-Obama websites. Or buy snorg tees.
Don't forget about getting their online degrees.
Or have Muslim Brides and Filipino girlfriends
Or trying to please Boris
Best one of them is:

'If only Cameron played more nation simulation games before being elected'

Makes me lolzz

Back