New banner

I also don't like the overlay of 'The land of peace, etc.' over the picture. :S

Also, I think the 'Republic of Europeia' would look better as just 'Europeia'.

I'm not sure about those pictures. I think I'd like something more city with just a few tall buildings in the middle...I'll look tomorrow.

I agree with Swak's first point. It's almost hard to read sitting on that reflection as is. It's needs either an outer glow or to be on a more solid color.

I prefer "Republic of Europeia" to just "Europeia". It is, after all, our state name, and the name of these forums.

I agree that the visibility of the motto needs some improvement. Perhaps a simple bold will do the trick. I may try it later.

Sorry, I am experimenting. As we do not have a test forum, and I cannot take the time to setup one, I have to experiment live.

As I said in the past, I want to make something that is resize-able: no matter how much you stretch the forum, it will fill all of the width. The idea I have so far is to keep the "Republic of Europeia"+button+stars to the left fixated, and fill in the rest with a suitably-sized background image. I haven't found a good one yet, though.

If I haven't arrived at something decent by the end of my experimenting, I will revert to the original. Otherwise, I'll let it to the new one and wait for feedback.
If you want a test forum, there's a forum from a defunct region (forum last posted on in 2008, region was annexed by the Axis of Evil and only has one puppet in it) that I have admin on and you can test stuff on.

Thanks for the offer PL. The difficulty in creating a test forum is not in registering one; but in transferring all of the Euro forum code base there. More precisely, it is not hard, just time consuming.

Yes, that one would be great dimension-wise. I would need to move the "Republic of Europeia" to the right, to be on top of the sky. It would also be harder to create the effect the current and previous banners used, where the sky is made the same blue hue as that used by the maintitle and forum buttons; but that may not be necessary for this image.

Another issue is that this image has a different architectural style than that used by the current banner ("modern" as opposed to "renaissance", and I am using the terms very vaguely as I am far from an expert in architecture). Would people be OK with this stylistic change?

There is also the possibility for an all-blue banner. I have temporarily removed the background, so that people can see what it would look like and post comments here.

That second one looking stunning. Need to visit this place.

Personally I am not keen on an all-blue banner as it feels like we are missing something

Back