New banner

Common-Sense Politics

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
Deputy Minister
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
If you're being honest, they were showing an error message; something wrong with the .xml file not being found or some such.
Honest.

That's because the XML feature is not supported yet. I just have it there so that, when I find the time to do it in the future, I won't have to edit the page. But you can get the data from the TSV file.
Yeah, they've always been blank for me. And whoever's messing with the banner, stop it.

If you're being honest, they were showing an error message; something wrong with the .xml file not being found or some such.
Honest.

That's because the XML feature is not supported yet. I just have it there so that, when I find the time to do it in the future, I won't have to edit the page. But you can get the data from the TSV file.
Yeah, they've always been blank for me. And whoever's messing with the banner, stop it.
I prefered the banner we had just before the one that's up now. The current one just looks... empty.

Unless those silhouetted buildings become more prominent over time.

EDIT: Now I'm starting to like the new banner.

Honest.

I prefered the banner we had just before the one that's up now. The current one just looks... empty.

Unless those silhouetted buildings become more prominent over time.
It's getting better. I'll shut my mouth until it's done. :p

Sorry, I am experimenting. As we do not have a test forum, and I cannot take the time to setup one, I have to experiment live.

As I said in the past, I want to make something that is resize-able: no matter how much you stretch the forum, it will fill all of the width. The idea I have so far is to keep the "Republic of Europeia"+button+stars to the left fixated, and fill in the rest with a suitably-sized background image. I haven't found a good one yet, though.

If I haven't arrived at something decent by the end of my experimenting, I will revert to the original. Otherwise, I'll let it to the new one and wait for feedback.

The background image is not good. What I am looking for is a very wide photo (say, around 1000 px), with lots of sky and water and the buildings only occupying a thin (150-200 px) stripe in the middle. Preferably at night.

The ideal would be a wider version of the one used in the old banner: http://www.stockholmviews.com/images/stock...ld-town-hdr.jpg (this is Stockholm btw).

If anyone has any suggestions for what to use, please post here.

I don't know about the grey stars around the Euro badge...

...and yes, we need a new background image. I may take a look for something later today.

I think you know my thoughts on it. :gentleman:

EDIT: Here they are (though the design isn't finalized) - "live" from the Admin CP's 'Notes' Section (I stopped once R3n asked me something about the banner over MSN)

Me likes the new banner.

Oh, but you've changed it! Or is it rotating...And now you added that black hyperlinked text...it looks...ugly.

Glad you're reading this. WHOA! ITS BIG NOW! I...like it...Now its still large, but you've moved it up a bit...I'll get back to you on that one, strange admin.

Hey there slugger, you put the motto waaaaaaaaaay too high!

Okay, the star is under the banner, the motto is up too high, and I can't even find Republic of Europeia. Are you just fucking with me?

OH, you fixed it! Except now the motto is too low! Now its in the middle...move Republic of Europeia down a tick? It looks too high relative to the motto.

OK, it should work now.

All of it is clickable, as usual. The advantage of this design is that it is dynamically-resizeable: you can shrink your window as much as you want (well, OK, not shorter than the motto), and it will shrink along. Same for expanding, though due to the size of the image we have, this only works up to about 1200px. Anything wider and the banner gets padded with blue.

Please let me know what you think about the new design.

I have also merged in this thread the comments from the "skin changes" thread.

Back