Kicking the Beehive

The thing is, people tell us we need to be less and more vicious at the same time. Unfortunately, while this is a well-written and interesting article, it's not a practical solution to Europeia's problems. Things like political parties and furious opposition just don't catch on here for the long haul, they just don't interest us for whatever reason, and I think we have a more stable region as a result. The Commonwealth rose and fell in all of two years, Europeia's going on like 40.
40? 40 =/= 4. :p
HYPERBOLE

The thing is, people tell us we need to be less and more vicious at the same time. Unfortunately, while this is a well-written and interesting article, it's not a practical solution to Europeia's problems. Things like political parties and furious opposition just don't catch on here for the long haul, they just don't interest us for whatever reason, and I think we have a more stable region as a result. The Commonwealth rose and fell in all of two years, Europeia's going on like 40.
I feel like the fall of the Commonwealth came about from apathy and stagnation, a loss of that fighting spirit.

At the very least, I think this would make the political scene more vibrant.

Not a bad article. Fighting is like the Laffer curve though, there comes a time where it stops being effective.
Say what?

:axe: :axe: :axe:
There comes a time where people start to be driven away and get frustrated. This almost happened in the Falconias era of politics, where the NCP almost left the region to join Falconias in Equinox.
Aye.

As long as the line between malicious and politics is clearly drawn and understood, some spice is nice.

I think interest and activity naturally cause fighting, rather than vice versa.

We haven't become to polite, we just haven't had anything to fight about.

I feel like the fall of the Commonwealth came about from apathy and stagnation, a loss of that fighting spirit.

At the very least, I think this would make the political scene more vibrant.

Ah but sometimes apathy and stagnation can occur as a direct result or sequel to people getting fed up of too much fighting etc. From direct experience - I've seen it a few times.

As Oliver said elsewhere it's all about controlled conflict. Balance. And Europeia at the moment does not have the leadership, political institutions, stability, etc - to instigate something so risky. The priority of our leadership is our survival and they will choose the safe but dull option. I think though, there are ways we can spice it up a bit without taking huge risks, and I'm about to go and post in a thread suggesting what I think is an opportunity to do so, next. That is of course, the Shadow Cabinet thread.

This doesn't have to be thrown together all at once, NES. Next term's President mustn't be a tyrant, with the Senate learning how to through punches all at once. Nor should the fighting be too great, as people will leave because of this.

But Europeia is being safe and dull. We need some friction.

I kicked a beehive once and got stung by several bees, literally, when I was quite young. Just thought I'd add that to the discussion. :ph43r:

This doesn't have to be thrown together all at once, NES. Next term's President mustn't be a tyrant, with the Senate learning how to through punches all at once. Nor should the fighting be too great, as people will leave because of this.

And just like that, you convinced me to run for Senate.

I had to fix my poll because of you :p

My my my, this is a fascinating race.

By which you mean "Add Klatonia" and not "rig your poll" :p

*cackles*

*cackles*
Just don't try to add the percents up to 100 at the end...It's not a problem.

Another notch on the belt of things I've said, been laughed at at the time and then it gets taken seriously by someone else later on. :p

Another notch on the belt of things I've said, been laughed at at the time and then it gets taken seriously by someone else later on. :p
As any patent/copyright officer will tell you, ideas are easy; you have to act on them or convince others to act on them. ;)

As any patent/copyright officer will tell you, ideas are easy; you have to act on them or convince others to act on them. ;)
All I'm saying is, I'm a fucking visionary. ;)
:lol:

Bah, this is the way things happen in Euro. You need to propose an idea and wait for it to gently simmer.

Bah, this is the way things happen in Euro. You need to propose an idea and wait for it to gently simmer.
Or back up your ideas with a solid argument, rather than just say "get angry, people, mrawr!" :p

Or back up your ideas with a solid argument, rather than just say "get angry, people, mrawr!" :p
I know exactly how to forward my plans this next term. :p

I know exactly how to forward my plans this next term. :p
Forward them to me and let me argue for them? :innocent:

Back