Kicking the Beehive

Another notch on the belt of things I've said, been laughed at at the time and then it gets taken seriously by someone else later on. :p
As any patent/copyright officer will tell you, ideas are easy; you have to act on them or convince others to act on them. ;)
All I'm saying is, I'm a fucking visionary. ;)
:lol:

Bah, this is the way things happen in Euro. You need to propose an idea and wait for it to gently simmer.
Or back up your ideas with a solid argument, rather than just say "get angry, people, mrawr!" :p
I know exactly how to forward my plans this next term. :p
Forward them to me and let me argue for them? :innocent:
Hell no. :p

I have Presidential ambitions and plan to make myself into a challenger in months to come. :lol:

Another notch on the belt of things I've said, been laughed at at the time and then it gets taken seriously by someone else later on. :p
As any patent/copyright officer will tell you, ideas are easy; you have to act on them or convince others to act on them. ;)

Bah, this is the way things happen in Euro. You need to propose an idea and wait for it to gently simmer.
Or back up your ideas with a solid argument, rather than just say "get angry, people, mrawr!" :p

I have Presidential ambitions and plan to make myself into a challenger in months to come. :lol:
*makes note to accuse Fort of posturing for campaign whenever he does something good*

*makes note to accuse Fort of posturing for campaign whenever he does something good*
My point exactly.

Definitely an interesting piece, Caninope.

Oh, by the way Fort, your economy idea has all but burnt to a crisp its been simmering on the Europeian stove for so long.

Oh, by the way Fort, your economy idea has all but burnt to a crisp its been simmering on the Europeian stove for so long.
I was going for thought provoking.

One of the easiest things to be done to help revitalize the region is the idea of regional based political parties.

One of the easiest things to be done to help revitalize the region is the idea of regional based political parties.
*hears sound of failure*

You've lost us with the parties. :baghead:

*hears sound of failure*

You've lost us with the parties. :baghead:
*hears the sound of an idea*

Parties are easy enough to form, and can work well. They will promote a more active political scene, in my opinion.

EDIT: I also feel they will come naturally if we start to create a more active government, a government with conflict, balance and criticism.

Europeia has never had the environment suited for thriving political parties. Every region that I've been in which has had thriving political parties has been some form of monarchy with constant tension between Lords, Commoners, and the Nobility (The LKE, TNI, etc.). Europeia doesn't have that contestable issue ingrained in its government foundations, and this is why our parties are created and/or become cults of personality instead of actual political entities.

Europeia has never had the environment suited for thriving political parties. Every region that I've been in which has had thriving political parties has been some form of monarchy with constant tension between Lords, Commoners, and the Nobility (The LKE, TNI, etc.). Europeia doesn't have that contestable issue ingrained in its government foundations, and this is why our parties are created and/or become cults of personality instead of actual political entities.
I'm guessing that should we create an environment of conflict, of criticism, and of balance, that these will start to re-form naturally.

I disagree. I think that the idea of political parties has to be instilled in the culture of the region; since the founding, we've never really had an interest.

I disagree. I think that the idea of political parties has to be instilled in the culture of the region; since the founding, we've never really had an interest.
But they've worked to an extent in this past, when there has been true political friction- the Falconian Era, so to speak.

But they've worked to an extent in this past, when there has been true political friction- the Falconian Era, so to speak.
They worked because the leader of the NCP was Falconias, and Falconias was a walking political controversy. It was... not the natural state of Europeian affairs, I think.

The NCP did exist before Falc, and as a pretty stubborn organization too. The Europeian Federalist Party was also a force aswell...

I feel like we have eras of parties. But they have to be fueled by some sort of introduction of new member to be...successful.

The party system was kept alive by Falc's time in the region if only because one party happened to rally behind him; had the NCP not taken such a pro-Falconias stance and adopted Falc as their leader, I don't think that it would have lasted as long as it did (which was only for a short amount of time after Falc left).

Back