iPhone 5

Apple announced the sixth generation of the revolutionary iPhone series as the iPhone 5 today. The new phone starts at $199 with a two-year contract and will 18% thinner with a 4-inch Retina display, a powerful A6 processor, a camera exactly like the iPhone 4S but thinner and with faster picture snapping and better low light photo taking, 4G LTE on more networks across Canada, Europe, and Asia (the U.S. will support LTE on AT&T, Verizon, & Sprint as before), and much more!

Apple also announced the new iPod touch with the same display and processor and a new iPod nano. Both the iPhone 5 and new iPod touch will ship with iOS 6, which will bring Facebook integration, Shared Photo Streams, Passbook (for all your tickets, loyalty cards, credit cards, etc.), and a better Siri that looks up sports, movies, and restaurants!

Check out more details from Engadget! :D

I was rather unimpressed with the entire lack of secrecy surrounding the event, to begin with. We knew everything coming out three weeks before the announcement. That being said, I'm sorely in need of an upgrade and, if the larger-memory models stay around the same prices of the 4S, I will definitely be making this my major holiday purchase. I usually do a "go big once every four years" on my phones, so I'll drop the big bucks on the 64 gig model, most likely. Unless they have something larger that I'm currently unaware of. :ph43r:

Yeah I'm not overwhelmed by the new features. Though... doesn't mean I'm not marketing it next Friday :p

I'd rather save money towards buying that new camera I've been eyeing for one half year now. I'll also soon need a laptop upgrade.

Speaking of which, my officemate got the new Macbook Pro with the retina display. From the quick try I gave it, I've got to say I'm impressed.

I'd rather save money towards buying that new camera I've been eyeing for one half year now. I'll also soon need a laptop upgrade.

Speaking of which, my officemate got the new Macbook Pro with the retina display. From the quick try I gave it, I've got to say I'm impressed.
I've seen it at the Apple Store and I'm impressed as well, but my MacBook Pro runs OS X Mountain Lion just fine.

Back