ENN Interviews new President

Or it's the summer slump rearing it's ugly head.

Lethen said:
October - March = summer? :emb:

HEM said:
Lethen said:
October - March = summer? :emb:
I was specifically referring to March, when the downward trend began. But March can be summer somewhere. :baghead:

Controversy and complaints generate activity. I wouldn't be surprised at all if good leadership results in short-term dips in activity.

Skizzy Grey said:
Controversy and complaints generate activity. I wouldn't be surprised at all if good leadership results in short-term dips in activity.
Those aren't the only things that increase activity, however. During the Lexus Administration we saw skyrocketing activity due to...well, more members and more posting. Controversy is a large source of activity, but we should not see a lack of activity merely as a lack of controversy.

Winter slump (christmas and new years)
Spring slump (people are getting ready for exams)
Summer slump (people are enjoying RL)
Autumn slump (people are going back to school)

SLUMPS. SLUMPS EVERYWHERE.

Hyanygo said:

I've pointed this out before too :p

HEM said:
Skizzy Grey said:
Those aren't the only things that increase activity, however. During the Lexus Administration we saw skyrocketing activity due to...well, more members and more posting. Controversy is a large source of activity, but we should not see a lack of activity merely as a lack of controversy.
How relevant is stuff that happened 4 or 5 years ago? Let's look at the last year or two and see how times of high and low activity lines up with the quality of governance we had during those times.

Hyanygo said:

Slump-gate.

Skizzy Grey said:
By what measure are activity levels low?
Thank you >.>

Probably the nicest thing said of me recently :p

HEM: "How do you plan on addressing activity this term? During the tenure of President Anumia we have seen a stagnation of activity at low levels that were previously intolerable. What's your plan?"

Well maybe if my bloody children would have been around during the past seven months doing ENN articles instead of a greater output in the past fortnight than in the three terms previous... <_<

I don't know about self-pity, but I certainly prefer Skizzy's suggestion to "Anumia has destroyed all political discourse over the past seven months" :p

Anumia said:
Skizzy Grey said:
By what measure are activity levels low?
Thank you >.>

Probably the nicest thing said of me recently :p

HEM: "How do you plan on addressing activity this term? During the tenure of President Anumia we have seen a stagnation of activity at low levels that were previously intolerable. What's your plan?"

Well maybe if my bloody children would have been around during the past seven months doing ENN articles instead of a greater output in the past fortnight than in the three terms previous... <_<
I'm starting to get the feeling that you are fielding what you perceive to be a legitimate complaint, and that's concerning to me.. :mellow:

Anumia said:

That's unfair, don't you think? It's not like HEM has any control over how busy his RL is, and how much it prevents him from being online.

I am aware that the timing is coincidental and not intentional, but seven months of barely anything then a sudden upswing right after my term is over - plus the brief bit as MinComm - that rather does suck. I'm not trying to be overly harsh or anything but I do feel entitled to complain about it; ENN articles are often my favourite of all media that we have here and it's not pleasant to effectively miss out (as President) on their resurgence by a matter of weeks.

Regardless of ENN activity, based on the monthly graph HEM posted there would be as least as much justification for asking "Kraken, how do you explain the plummet in activity since you took office, and why haven't you done anything about it?" (Note for clarity: I do not subscribe to this opinion) as there is for stating that activity under Anumia stagnated.

I just don't think you can meaningfully compare post counts from different eras. To the extent that post counts tell us anything at all, they are hugely influenced by a whole range of factors. For example, the use of Skype for discussion of many things that were previously discussed on the forums is popular right now (e.g., the on-forum culture ministry planning forum is hardly used anymore).

Plus is it just me, or do Junior Ministers barely check their forums nowadays? I haven't gotten much traffic/comments in the Architects subforum, and I've asked for input on a few things. flail.gif

Back