Election Aftermath

I'm with HEM on the can-you-all-get-off-the-over-reaction-bandwagon-please? Silliness has reached an all-time high..

EDIT: Not that silliness is necessarilly bad.. vaguely distracting perhaps, but not bad..

Damn my own word filter!

This is an editorial/opinion piece, so HEM can be as biased as he wants. :p

I am still in favor for expanding the word filter...Do it randomly every week and have a contest for those who are able to guess as the first person the word filter of the week... :p ( I am still on the silly bandwagon:D )

Yes, MS that convo was fairly 'cool' (Please don't mince my words about like garlic). but even that is was very much the request as a whole that was reacted coolly toward. Which again, I stand by.

Also, to reiterate. How did such a comment become scandalous? It is really a crime to say I proposed an idea, and the NCP reacted coolly? Is it really a crime if I proposed legislation, you all didn't like it, and I reported you reacted "coolly?" Frankly, this aggressive response is just plain bizarre.

To clarify a little: My aggressive response was made so because you said that I never responded to your request to pass the advice on, which is false. And that we as a party never updated you again by telling you our collective response, which is true. Had you asked for one, I would have told you as soon as I knew that we planned to back Swakistek. Nowhere in the convo did you imply that you wanted us to come to you with a response, so we didn't.

In short, I'm not pissed that you're expressing your political opinion on the issue; I am pissed that you presented some of your views (unintentionally?) as the truth. I am pissed that in your article you guessed at our ulterior motives for "ignoring" you, when in fact there were no ulterior motives on our part, aside from wanting Swak as Speaker. Nothing wrong with that, as even you agreed.

And you did use the word "cold". So there! :p

I just felt like I should point this out; I don't like when people insinuate that I play party politics, which I definitely don't. There were two or three NCPers I chose not to vote for in the Senate race.

Common-Sense Politics said:
On a happier note, I'm buying an Xbox360! Bye bye ancient PS2!!!

Good man.

Falconias said:
In all honesty, HEM, who are you kidding here? This isn't the "media," so don't paint it as such. It's as much your opinion as it could be anyone else's.
I thought the media included opinions B-)

HEM said:
Okay, you stumble out of the starting gate with a blatant lie. I had no desire to be speaker, mainly because I don't think I have the time to keep the floor moving. The real reason I wanted the NCP to endorse a non party member was simply because it is a long standing tradition from my beginnings in LKE to do so, and Europeia has not been in such a partisan atmosphere for...honestly, probably ever. Being divided, I wanted to kick this idea around.

And Swak, when I make a request and *never* hear from it again, I consider that cool. I didn't stay you attacked me, lambasted me, insulted me, what have you. I just said the response to my suggestion was cool. It wasn't negative, but it obviously wasn't positive.

My apologies; I did not intend to mislead anybody and must have missed something or forgotten details. Please forgive me; the lie was purely unintentional. I would NEVER deliberately mislead the public.

On your second point, perhaps we should have responded to your request to confirm, but as you mentioned, our response was neither negative nor positive; 'cool' is a word slightly tending towards the former of the two.

Back