A Taste of Skizz: The Blog

I'm hoping to return to writing long-form pieces for the EBC in the not-too-distant future, but in the meantime, I'm committing to write more short, quick-hitting segments, which I'll post in this thread.

I called this thread a "blog," but it's really more of a dialogue -- I hope and expect that readers will comment in the thread, and their contributions will be part of the discussion.

Imperialism, like Independence, has many shades and is a spectrum as much as anything else. Elias accepts the label because it is more or less accurate, but only because Imperialism encompasses much within its umbrella.

And while the choice is clear and distinct, let's not act like its a choice between diametrically opposed ideas - Imperialism and Independence are closely related, siblings, if you will.

Oh, god, not another super-alliance. Single-handedly killing SRATO (apparently) was annoying enough to have to do :p

Anumia said:
Oh, god, not another super-alliance. Single-handedly killing SRATO (apparently) was annoying enough to have to do :p
SRATO killed itself, though it had potential.

I don't remember much about the Sovereign Regions Alliance Treaty Organization (that's the right name?).

There's two big issues on the table this time around.

One is foreign policy, and presents a stark choice -- Elias's imperialism, versus CSP's independence, versus Mac's ... I'm not quite sure what. I already said a bit about the choice we're facing on that front.

The other is recruitment -- potentially transformational NS rules are set to take effect in the next 70 days. I was disappointed that none of the three candidates addressed this in their platforms. When I asked about the changes, CSP had a clear vision -- he'll use a free script if we can make that work and pay for TGs if we can't. Elias seemed confident that we'll make a script work but was light on specifics. Mac wrote a lengthy Interior platform that didn't betray a hint he was aware of the changes; when asked, he said we'd take a wait-and-see approach, but guessed we would probably end up raising money to buy stamps.

These are huge issues, folks. With so much at stake, I would expect campaign threads full of big ideas and grand debate -- but if anything, we have even more petty sniping and dwelling on minutiae than usual. What gives??

Edit: Revised the foregoing to be more fair to Mac.

Late entry Skizzy candidacy coming? :p

I still hold we should go with a solid Stamps approach. After a short while, only the Regions with the most dedicated Citizens will be able to keep it up and we'll have the leg up on everyone.

HEM said:
Anumia said:
SRATO killed itself, though it had potential.
Onder pretty much gave full blame/credit for my efforts against it here, in Hampshire, and in the LKE :p

Back