One Little Bird

Active Once Again

The City Council is once again active. From Chief Justice Hyanygo's new law index to Councilor Henry's questioning of existing acts to Mayor Peaceful Llamas updated Constitution to Fortana's plan for an economy the City Council has seen a bit of everything. Vice President Anumia had this to say on their revival:

"It is nice to see that the City Council is having another go of it again, another attempt to collect themselves into a respectable body, however in my opinion if this attempt does not succeed then the Senate should be considering whether or not the Council is going to serve any further useful purpose in the region. I believe it has been a worthy part of our establishment, but for a while now has suffered from inactivity and a general loss of interest across the region. Nonetheless, I wish the current Councillors and Mayor luck in the revival."

Musical Ministers

This month, three Ministers have handed their resignations to President Oliver Dion-Grey. Then Foreign Minister Common-Sense Politics, Culture Minister Pope Lexus X and Welfare Minister Sopo have all resigned to be replaced by McEntire, Gustavus Adolphus Rex and Ogastein respectively. Before all three resigned, they all went through periods of inactivity. Hopefully the new Ministers can break the trend and excel at their positions. Will they take after the President or the Ministers they replaced? Only time will tell but I know that I hope for the former.

A Return to Cloud 9?

Europeian's population once again ranks 9th in the world among all regions and holds a 15 nation lead over Absolution. Europeia has reclaimed it's spot as the 2nd largest user created region if you disallow the Galactic Republic, whose regional growth is the result of puppets. Yet, it is not the triumphant return that many Europeians would have hoped for. The regional population has dropped to under one thousand, undermining the secret dream of surpassing 10,000 Islands as the largest user created region. While many Europeians wish and hope for that glory, we suspect that the biggest reason for the flat growth rate is a drop in the amount of recruiting telegrams being sent out. The numbers for the past week have not yet been released, but we suspect that they are lower given a renewed call for recruitment by the President.

President Oliver Dion-Grey had this to say in his call for recruitment:

“I know the term is coming to an end, but we have to keep recruiting to keep up our population. I can't do it alone. So please, do your part, sign up for a citizenship recruitment account, and recruit for Europeia!”

Will Europeians heed his call?

UP!

That's the word being used to describe Europeia's forum activity. With the “people” ministries of Culutre and Welfare along with the arrival of the active TUKers, the forum activity has definitely been amazing. This little bird is super excited:

“I loved the atmosphere in TUK and I loved it when the forums were fun and active. The times are good for Europeia and people have to take the opportunity to enjoy them because it really is something special. So get out, get involved and get posting because you won't regret it!”

The unheralded citizen of the week is: Common-Sense Politics. Did anyone else notice the man with no legal obligations send out over 100 telegrams for the Republic?

The column title made me start humming the Bob Marley classic "Three Little Birds."

Don't worry
About a thing
'Cause every little thing's
Gonna be alright...

Win.

In the Trenchtown section of Kingston (named for its ubiquitous open sewers), Bob would sit out front of his home and roll joints. As he picked seeds out of the herb, he would flick them on the ground; soon, a few birds would gather to eat the seeds he was tossing out. Hence, the three little birds.

That's pretty cool, thanks Skizzy. One day I hope to base my titles off of my own experiences that hopefully won't include rolling joints ^_^

Pioneering a New Future

This was the Ministry that just couldn't catch a break. During Anumia's term, Sopo fell inactive. In CSP's it was Abbey and in this one it was Sopo once again. It was looking like another term in Welfare. When Oliver exposed how terrible we were at welcoming, it was like a slap to the face. In a good way. He then appointed Tikal as Welfare Minister and the rest they say, is history. The mentor system has been overhauled and there are currently 9 people being mentored, up from ~4 during Sopo's day. People are being engaged in their welcoming threads and the chatroom is being used. Naturalization is back up under Andrew Jefferson, although the Welfare Ministry would like to see more from many of the Junior Ministers.

Easily, it's the best Ministry of Welfare in a long time. Perhaps even the best ever. Yet, as always it's the Ministry that recieves the least attention and the Minister who gets the least amount of credit and acknowledgment. Tikal has handled it with grace and deserves better.

Wholeheartedly agreed. Welfare is just hard work, and I respect Tikal for the work that she has done so well in such a short amount of time.

A few good weeks and "the rest is history"? Let's not count our chickens before they hatch. That being said, thanks to the entire Welfare staff and the president for all the work they do.

Back