Live Blogging the Super Bowl!

You people absolutely kill me.
It's such a boring event, though.
That's because you don't understand it, not because it's boring by nature. It's hard to engage in something you don't quite get. Am I wrong?
Well, I usually am a fan of the Super Bowl (I ONLY watch the Super Bowl though), and I found it quite boring in the first half, with only a few good commercials, following by a shitty halftime show full of inexcusably glaring technical problems, finished off by a great and intense second half.

The halftime show gets worse every year. I miss "Up With People." :lol:

For those who don't follow the sport, yesterday's game was not well-played. The Steelers made multiple, huge mistakes and deserved to get blown out, but they were able to hang around until the 4th quarter because the Packers dropped several key passes and couldn't defend for s--t once Charles Woodson got hurt.

You people absolutely kill me.
It's such a boring event, though.
That's because you don't understand it, not because it's boring by nature. It's hard to engage in something you don't quite get. Am I wrong?
Yes and no, I think. I'm not a huge fan of football, but that's not been a secret. Anything that you don't find interesting could be boring, though, it's not just limited to football; I'm sure the vast majority of people would consider the Briar (Canadian Mens' Curling Championship) boring, whether they understood the sport or not. To me it's one of the most exciting sporting events of the year (three world-class games a day for a week!).

I understand football, I think, well enough to be able to appreciate if I felt it was going to. It's not inherently boring for everybody, but it's pretty inherently boring to me. And if there is a degree to which it's boring because I "don't get it," then it's because it's boring enough to me that I have no interest in getting it better than I do now.

The halftime show gets worse every year. I miss "Up With People." :lol:

For those who don't follow the sport, yesterday's game was not well-played. The Steelers made multiple, huge mistakes and deserved to get blown out, but they were able to hang around until the 4th quarter because the Packers dropped several key passes and couldn't defend for s--t once Charles Woodson got hurt.
Thanks for that summary, Skizzy. I was WATCHING the Super Bowl yesterday, and even I didn't know half of what was going on. :p

I'm a devout fan, and that was a good game, but not a great game...glad the Steelers had a complete and total meltdown though in that final drive.

Back